• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I bet once the tv series hits we will start getting some tv variant covers either drawn based on the actors looks or with a direct photo of the actor .

(my wallet) sure as hell hope not :(

Kirkman has had opportunities to do variants before and has opted not to. Here's hoping he sticks to his philosophy.

Kirkman has had opportunities to do variants before and has opted not to. Here's hoping he sticks to his philosophy.

I think a variant pr 50 is more then enough, even though i like the #75 variants :)

But who knows, maybe they'll turn WD into a Crossed 7-8 var. pr issue fest after the tv show airs

:insane::ohnoez:

not sure if anyone posted this , 2 lazy to look through the older posts

TheWalkingDead_teaser2.jpg

First time I saw it. I like it, although it reminds me of Resident Evil 3? The movie version of Resident Evil that takes place in the desert with all the Mila Jovovich clones....ahhhh multi-Mila!

I bet once the tv series hits we will start getting some tv variant covers either drawn based on the actors looks or with a direct photo of the actor .

:P
Also I think jasika nicole from the fringe series could pull this character off nicely :)

:applause:

not sure if anyone posted this , 2 lazy to look through the older posts

TheWalkingDead_teaser2.jpg

I guess that HERD from a few issues back was following them. hm

Well that would make way more sense than a bunch of zombies sneaking up on them .... All the racket they are making with the gunfire & building & what not its no wonder it has not happened already!

Well I took both number threes up to my lcs & he says both look like they are in the 9.0 range or up... One has a couple of dings on the spine ... I sent the better shaped one in to get graded ... I see raw #3's going in the $40 range so what would a graded 9.0 one go for ?!?

I can either sell it separately or with my #1 should I decided to sell it to help drive up the price ... What do you guys find works best on ebay ?.. Lots or singles ?.. (shrug)

Edited by synch

Well I took both number threes up to my lcs & he says both look like they are in the 9.0 range or up... One has a couple of dings on the spine ... I sent the better shaped one in to get graded ... I see raw #3's going in the $40 range so what would a graded 9.0 one go for ?!?

Last CGC 9.2 copy of #3 went for $35. Unless yours comes back a 9.6 or higher, you'd make more money selling it raw.

Whatttt.... What is up with this raw going for $60 then? :D When was this 9.2 for sale ? Before news of the tv series 1st &2nd season I gather eh

Because nobody collects CGC 9.2 copies of modern books :shrug:

If you're buying a raw book, there's at least a (tiny) chance that the "near mint" copy the guy is selling will turn out to be a 9.6 or 9.8 copy - if you buy an already-slabbed 9.4, what you're going to end up with is a 9.4 (well, based on CGC's current modern grading probably more like a strong 9.2 in a 9.4 slab).

hrm... so don't waste my cash with the grading & fib about the shapes of the book?.. I duno how I feel about that :S

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that most sellers on ebay can't grade to save their life - so buying a "near mint" book on ebay can mean anything from VF (often) to NM/M (very rarely).

hrm... so don't waste my cash with the grading & fib about the shapes of the book?.. I duno how I feel about that :S

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that most sellers on ebay can't grade to save their life - so buying a "near mint" book on ebay can mean anything from VF (often) to NM/M (very rarely).

Listen to mschmidt here. This is good advice he's giving you. (thumbs u

In general, if a modern book is not going to get a 9.6 or 9.8 you are better off selling it raw. You don't have to lie about the condition at all. Just put a photo up, tell buyers to ask questions, and give a grade of NM- or VF+ (whatever you feel is appropriate).

Buyers will often take a chance on a raw comic, thinking it's better than the grade assigned. It's just gambling. Because like he said many sellers can't grade (some overgrade and some are too strict).

Not early WD's, but most graded 9.0/9.2 moderns are not worth the grading fees.

Simply getting a book graded does not increase it's value.