• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

hi been gone for a while just wanted to say to my favourite board page and all the good people living in it :D

:hi:

I haven't been around much myself, and I'm behind on WD right now so I can't even click on the spoiler posts. :(

Anyone read #78 yet?

That double page zombie splash was out of control! :o

+1 I thought it was amazing too!!

I was reading it in the car and went "Wow!" and my wife asked me "What?" and I showed her, and she just went "Oh...hmm...that's not good." lol she doesn't read the series but she knows how much of a nut I am about it.

Anyone read #78 yet?

+2 it's been a long time since there was a spread like that.

surprising that the attack from the outsiders was squashed so easily if i am not wrong looks like they took them all out. woulda thought their threat would have been a long battle. never did find out if that was DAVIDSON!!!! amazing how it looks like rick is back to being the boss again

Anyone read #78 yet?

+2 it's been a long time since there was a spread like that.

surprising that the attack from the outsiders was squashed so easily if i am not wrong looks like they took them all out. woulda thought their threat would have been a long battle. never did find out if that was DAVIDSON!!!! amazing how it looks like rick is back to being the boss again

I was deciding whether to drop the series. If I see another variant cover other than 78 before #100 I'm out

And then the last page makes me reconsider. Rick back at the top.

I kind of want to see a couple tv show variants... not like #78 with random zombies ... I don't care about like that but I want actual actors ... Though I want them to be normal 50/50 split ratios so they are easy to get ...

You guys know what I am going to do from now on ?.. I'm saving my latest walking dead to read either before or after the tv show :) Should I get the chance to do so again next month I will do the same thing

Edited by synch

As silly as that sounds...yes. After Marvel killing ASM and respecting WD's stance on variants it was an appeal for me. Also given I am completist it does tend to be all or nothing.

rantrant Ultimate Comics holding their variants for a $60 ransom is just pathetic and shows the kind of people they are. In my mind that was a big mistake for Image and WD. This is the 1st time I've seen a store pay for a variant and raise their base price like that. I mean if they want to sell some on Ebay all the power to them but their site price should still be the $15 they initially sold them for. I'm surprised Image didn't have the SRP in writing as part of the commission. rantrant

I assume the #78 is due to the show premiere so I can let that go. If this is the beginning of a trend I'll drop it and won't look back.

As silly as that sounds...yes. After Marvel killing ASM and respecting WD's stance on variants it was an appeal for me. Also given I am completist it does tend to be all or nothing.

rantrant Ultimate Comics holding their variants for a $60 ransom is just pathetic and shows the kind of people they are. In my mind that was a big mistake for Image and WD. This is the 1st time I've seen a store pay for a variant and raise their base price like that. I mean if they want to sell some on Ebay all the power to them but their site price should still be the $15 they initially sold them for. I'm surprised Image didn't have the SRP in writing as part of the commission. rantrant

I assume the #78 is due to the show premiere so I can let that go. If this is the beginning of a trend I'll drop it and won't look back.

Doesn't sound silly to me. I was just asking.

I was deciding whether to drop the series. If I see another variant cover other than 78 before #100 I'm out

You really were considering it? Just because of the variants?

Being a completist too, it was one of the factors why I almost starting collecting graded Walking Deads(no variants before #50, not counting the warning label matter). I kinda knew this was gonna happen though with a TV show or movie looming in the horizon at the time. It's a shame really.

:gossip: This is from a guy who watched the title he collects turn into a gazillion pointless variants too. Really, shadow cover variants to every issue? Really? :screwy:

You really were considering it? Just because of the variants?

Being a completist too, it was one of the factors why I almost starting collecting graded Walking Deads(no variants before #50, not counting the warning label matter). I kinda knew this was gonna happen though with a TV show or movie looming in the horizon at the time. It's a shame really.

:gossip: This is from a guy who watched the title he collects turn into a gazillion pointless variants too. Really, shadow cover variants to every issue? Really? :screwy:

Great start and thanks again Jerel!! I just ordered Head Games :gossip: