• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Soon...

granitecon2011.jpg

:headbang:

they are pimping him pretty good I wonder if the con will have any twd exclusives

I don't think there will be any con exclusives, just my guess, I know Tony won't have any and Image is not there...so... (shrug)

Yeah, usually it's just a print that is limited to a 1,000. This year it's for the floppy "The Cape"(Joe Hill).

A friend of mine is at a horror convention in Dallas this weekend, apparently Norman Reedus is there she just messaged me on facebook wanted to know if I wanted a Walking Dead autograph, I wrote back "Absolutely!"

So we'll what happens.

no one talking about the new issue?

Is the latest issue the end of the current story line (No Way Out pt. 5)? Kirkman's writing has gotten lazy to the point that I can no longer read it an issue at a time.

same here. Totally lackluster to the end of this story line--he needs new methods of story telling or tricks...nothing seems to be moving anywhere fast. It seems that since the Gov the story and direction has been wandering aimlessly---a lot of IDEAS but nothing coming to fruition.

no one talking about the new issue?

Is the latest issue the end of the current story line (No Way Out pt. 5)? Kirkman's writing has gotten lazy to the point that I can no longer read it an issue at a time.

same here. Totally lackluster to the end of this story line--he needs new methods of story telling or tricks...nothing seems to be moving anywhere fast. It seems that since the Gov the story and direction has been wandering aimlessly---a lot of IDEAS but nothing coming to fruition.

He's been doing this for a bit now if you haven't noticed.

Issue #48: :o:o:o:o:ohnoez:

Issue #49: zzzzzzzzz

Issue #75: :o:o:o:jokealert:

Issue #76: zzz:sick::sick::sick:

Issue #83: :o:o:o:news:

Issue #84: zzzzzz

If you want an kick-butt semi-horror book to read this week, go buy Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom #6. :headbang:

In case you dont go in to the general thread ....some Tony Moore art

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4774592#Post4774592

Tony and Kara are great to deal with and very accommodating and just overall chill people to talk to (worship)

Tony Moore working on my commission :popcorn:

1688mqu.jpg

30wy2rd.jpg

9zqbo.jpg

Tony and me after the amazing art he worked on for me :acclaim:

2d9pv8y.jpg

Scan of the art :headbang: the scan does not do it any justice

9gxag1.jpg

If you want an kick-butt semi-horror book to read this week, go buy Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom #6. :headbang:

I read these in HC format. Love it!

Is it a commision or a sketch? Asking cause tony says he isn't doing commision, but will do a few sketches at shows

That was a convention sketch on I believe 8.5 x 11 Bristol board....going to get framed on Wednesday :acclaim:

I feel like the difference between a "commission" and a "sketch" lies in the detail. Sure, Tony did that piece at a show, but I have a hard time calling something that detailed a sketch.

I feel like the difference between a "commission" and a "sketch" lies in the detail. Sure, Tony did that piece at a show, but I have a hard time calling something that detailed a sketch.

That is exactly the way that Anthony Castrillo put it when he was bristling a little bit about people calling his work "sketches." They may be on sketch covers, but they are not sketches. Same thing with these convention pieces.

(thumbs u

I just read #83 and I'm to the point that even this issue didn't do anything for me.

I'm going to give it until #85 before I drop it. I've been bored with the title for about the last 10 issues. It's to the point now that it's almost painful to read.

I should have already given up but what happened in #83 was what I've been waiting on. I may not read past #84. We'll see. zzz

I just read #83 and I'm to the point that even this issue didn't do anything for me.

I'm going to give it until #85 before I drop it. I've been bored with the title for about the last 10 issues. It's to the point now that it's almost painful to read.

I should have already given up but what happened in #83 was what I've been waiting on. I may not read past #84. We'll see. zzz

:o

Just got this email and thought I'd post it here in case any boardies are interested.

Hi,

You are receiving this email as you have purchased THE WALKING DEAD comics from us previously.As a fan of the comic series we just wanted to advise you that Infinity & Beyond will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary this June with our exclusive release of WALKING DEAD #85 "Celebration" cover (pictured below), with art by Charlie Adlard

We are taking pre-orders on this comic, which is due late May/early June and as a previous buyer we wish to offer this item to you at the special offer price of £12.99, which includes 1st class postage. This offer price is cheaper than the advertised price on our website and will be cheaper than the Ebay listing price.

If you are interested orders can be placed by return email or by calling us on 01743 360666. Payments can be made via Paypal or by debit/credit cards by calling the same number.

Anyone wishing to order greater quantities please contact us as we can offer price breaks for 5 & 10 copies.

In addition we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary in store in Shrewsbury on June 11th when Charlie (Adlard) will be present to sign and sketch.

Thankyou

Paul

Infinity & Beyond

get-attachment.jpg

Thank you.

I didn't know about it before, but I just grabbed one of the last 89 (now 88) single issues available for sale.

For those in the States the total was $29 shipped.

Walking Dead Variants are like Pokemon...You gotta catch 'em all!