• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

The last episode did have a memorable moment....the doctor whispering into ricks ear. If that isn't memorable, you smoke too much weed. lol

I am sure most people will have to be reminded of that. And I don't smoke weed.

Anyone got any weed?

hm

lol

The last episode did have a memorable moment....the doctor whispering into ricks ear. If that isn't memorable, you smoke too much weed. lol

Anyone got any weed?

hm

lol

OK, who's holding?

I do remember that whisper thing too, but with no emotional pay-off with a Season #1 cliffhanger because of it, the second season will have to remind us what was said a year before through plodding dialouge ( :eyeroll: ), the comic doesn't even do that. This series needs to be in your face-unpredictable, for all we know Noah Emmerich's character told Rick that the dog dies in Marley & Me or Dale farts too much in the closed space down there. I'm just pointing out how greed might have distracted Kirkman and company with this thing, other than the variant thing he is tapping now. :makepoint:

Even though Locke & Key might never make it to the air, Joe Hill's book fired on all cylinders, during the TV production. Maybe TWD should be a bi-monthly book too? Until things get straightened out better. Interest is definitely waning, and a s0-so TV show isn't gonna help.

i think the problem is kirkman is simply doing too much stuff now & does not have enough time to simply focus on TWD

Unfortunately, this might be the beginning of something TWD fans(in all media) might not be ready for. :(

:gossip: Eric Powell, I'm looking at you.

i think the problem is kirkman is simply doing too much stuff now & does not have enough time to simply focus on TWD

Unfortunately, this might be the beginning of something TWD fans(in all media) might not be ready for. :(

:gossip: Eric Powell, I'm looking at you.

I think the quality will suffer further rather than run late. I mean, geez. Goon completely fell off the map. I don't see that happening with TWD any time soon.

Anyone got any weed?

Isn't that illegal in your country? :baiting:

Anyone got any weed?

Isn't that illegal in your country? :baiting:

:roflmao:

walking dead #85 has probably my favorite letter hack section EVER!

"congrats, you've just finished me as a fan/reader. too much, too far."

"YOU FAT F**K!!!"

"kirkman you son of a motherless goat"

"been with you for 83 issues now. won't be back for 84"

walking dead #85 has probably my favorite letter hack section EVER!

"congrats, you've just finished me as a fan/reader. too much, too far."

"YOU FAT F**K!!!"

"kirkman you son of a motherless goat"

"been with you for 83 issues now. won't be back for 84"

:cloud9:

Anyone read the other zombie comic this week? The one in 3-D. :baiting:

I looked at it in the store, but decided to pass.

The collector in me didn't want to rip out the glasses and make it incomplete, and there was no way I was buying 2 copies at that price. meh

Anyone read the other zombie comic this week? The one in 3-D. :baiting:

I looked at it in the store, but decided to pass.

The collector in me didn't want to rip out the glasses and make it incomplete, and there was no way I was buying 2 copies at that price. meh

I bought alot of 3-D glasses(red & blue, green and pink and IMAX) on eBay for occasions like this. Some of the panels were cool, but this 3-D book had too much ghosting or bland dimensions and definitely wasn't as good as Seduth's 3-D effects.

Memorable moment for me was Shane doing Lori down and dirty in the woods. Mama likes it doggie style! Ruff! Ruff!

Issue 85 was good. Abraham making that nasty remark to Rosita made me like the character more. I don't think it makes him sex crazed, but I do think he probably caught Eugene wrestling the one eyed monster at some point and was like "Hmmph Rosita here will be a lot more fun than that!" and then he met Holly and found someone he actually likes.

Oh and if you guys didn't know....the next big arc will

finally feature the return of DAVIDSON!!! to Alexandria.

lol I guess if they were both just using each other for safety & sex then I can see it maybe she was a real person_without_enough_empathy off comic or something lol Edited by synch

I have decided that WD has become too 'LOST'-like, in that it has reached the point that has begun to have too much multi-media saturation (books, board games, video games, the TV show, action figures) and with it comes a responsibility to those distributors for a return on their investments.

Thus making the issues that used to be tight and quick (back when Kirkman thought 50 or 75 issues would be the run) more meandering to draw out the length of the series.

Like 'LOST', I think Kirkman needs to announce an end date/issue number and work toward it.

Also, while I did buy the latest variants (U.S. and British), there really are too many recently.

For the last 10 issues (76-85) there have been 5 variants.

I believe that matches the number of variants from issues 1-75.

(2nd prints do not count as variants)

Fonzie has just jumped the shark. I just heard about the video game. Meanwhile, quality story telling on these series has continued to drop. I do appreciate the on time schedule though...but now they are killing us with exposure.

What Kirkman...another surprise death? yawn....

I have decided that WD has become too 'LOST'-like, in that it has reached the point that has begun to have too much multi-media saturation (books, board games, video games, the TV show, action figures) and with it comes a responsibility to those distributors for a return on their investments.

Thus making the issues that used to be tight and quick (back when Kirkman thought 50 or 75 issues would be the run) more meandering to draw out the length of the series.

Like 'LOST', I think Kirkman needs to announce an end date/issue number and work toward it.

Also, while I did buy the latest variants (U.S. and British), there really are too many recently.

For the last 10 issues (76-85) there have been 5 variants.

I believe that matches the number of variants from issues 1-75.

(2nd prints do not count as variants)

Fonzie has just jumped the shark. I just heard about the video game. Meanwhile, quality story telling on these series has continued to drop. I do appreciate the on time schedule though...but now they are killing us with exposure.

What Kirkman...another surprise death? yawn....

and how is a video game jumping the shark? what happens in the game has no effect on the comic. jumping the shark can only happen if kirkman does something IN THE COMIC.

i'm noticing, only on this site so far, that the backlash stems more from the variants, games, tv show, then it does from anything really going on in the book.

hilarious catch 22. if walking dead was overlooked, people would complain about it not getting enough exposure. it gets exposure, and people are unhappy about it.

Edited by Hawkman

I'm looking forward to the game myself. Always looking for some good zombie killing.

When it comes to the story, I can see where he is coming from, plodding along and then action, plodding along and some action. But this is the 3rd time they have found a "safe zone" only to fall to mess. A bit safe in the way of writing, but I would like to see kirkman push himself more into a fresh storyline that really blows us away.

In a nutshell I feel he has become predictable.