• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I was showing my wife that original artwork, what is the process for that going to the final cover which was colored in. Does Tony color it in on a computer or did he have multiple "covers" of which another one is colored in with ink or whatever he prefers to use.

I was showing my wife that original artwork, what is the process for that going to the final cover which was colored in. Does Tony color it in on a computer or did he have multiple "covers" of which another one is colored in with ink or whatever he prefers to use.

depends on the artist. some do the coloring themselves on a repro of the artwork, others send it to be digitally colored and others, well, i don't know.

If Sillypuss is a board member I would love to go out sometime shooting with him. Looks like he enjoys selling highend firearm optics along side expensive pieces of original art.

My favorite hobby in the world is firearms before anything else. :)

We talking possible 5 figures for that cover? I would be shocked if this thing went way north of $4k which is my guessitimate.

I guess unless we hear from the buyer or seller we will never know.

Nice item though if a board member here got it congrats.

Tony's had several interior pages sell close to 5 figures. For one of the top 3-4 covers from his run, I would not be shocked if it could go close to what a primo interior page sold for.

I have no idea what it sold for. I just know what it's worth.

The girl who played Uhura in the remake of star trek would be great. I think Whoopie is a little too old thank god.

We talking possible 5 figures for that cover? I would be shocked if this thing went way north of $4k which is my guessitimate.

I guess unless we hear from the buyer or seller we will never know.

Nice item though if a board member here got it congrats.

Tony's had several interior pages sell close to 5 figures. For one of the top 3-4 covers from his run, I would not be shocked if it could go close to what a primo interior page sold for.

I have no idea what it sold for. I just know what it's worth.

+1. That is a 5 figure cover for sure.

Edited by Claudio

guess i better get to drawin...

Can you make me a Kirby/Royer piece instead? :wishluck:

I don't understand your strange Canadian combinations of emoticons.

The feeling is quite mutual with your video links. To interpret my emoticon use.

lol = funny guy

(tsk) = we both know you did not buy the cover. SillyPuss has not been paid.

Smoke less weed there video boy. Either that or smoke Canadian weed. Just like beer the American version is watered down.

There is so much to dissect here. A) My video links are usually quite clever, I think. :P B) Lookwhoitis wasn't implying he bought it. He was just saying that SillyPuss obviously got a sizable offer to end the auction, hence $"SillyPuss just got paid!"$ C) And there's plenty of American beer that isn't Budweiser/Coors/Natural Light swill. There are breweries down here that'll put your Canadian beer to shame, I dare say. :baiting:

Oh, and D) Anytime you'd like to send me a "special care package," well, hint hint... :grin:

Correctamundo... ( wish I could afford to buy that cover and/or wish I would have bought it when it was originally sold!)

You should check out Colorado. Fine Flowers abound. New Belgium Brewery has some awfully nice swill, too. :preach:

Since SillyPuss didn't sell the cover he did not get paid. Hence the emoticon.

Yeah he did. He got an "offer he couldn't refuse" and sold the cover off of ebay to avoid the fees. Hence the expression SillyPuss Just gat PAID! The cover is no longer listed or for sale. Perhaps in the future I will spice up my American Slang expressions with some identifying ebonic flava so they can be better understood by Caknuckleheads :D

In any case i was more making fun of dudes Ebay moniker "SillyPuss" you silly puss! :foryou:

C) And there's plenty of American beer that isn't Budweiser/Coors/Natural Light swill. There are breweries down here that'll put your Canadian beer to shame, I dare say. :baiting:

C) :roflmao:

2010 World Beer Cup results:

America: 204 awards

Canada: 7 awards

http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/world-beer-cup-statistics-2010/

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Yeah he did. He got an "offer he couldn't refuse" and sold the cover off of ebay to avoid the fees. Hence the expression SillyPuss Just gat PAID! The cover is no longer listed or for sale. Perhaps in the future I will spice up my American Slang expressions with some identifying ebonic flava so they can be better understood by Caknuckleheads :D

In any case i was more making fun of dudes Ebay moniker "SillyPuss" you silly puss! :foryou:

Did you find out what the offer was?

According to Sillypuss he did not get an offer or get paid. He will be listing it again shortly apparently. :makepoint: Your American slang was well understood.