• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

If 78 if the "axe" one, then I will agree. I thought I was going to like 85 until I saw it in person. I wasn't as wow'd as I thought I'd be. Even still it is the 2nd best variant.

80 was the axe cover. 78 was the zombie behind the fence (real life version of issue #16) and it was sold during long beach comic con at halloween. 85 was nice, but it was also cover price for me, so that helped.

all my walking dead #1's. eventually i want to get a black mature reader copy.

2011-06-20_13-55-21_843.jpg

from top to bottom (L-R): walking dead -script book, walking dead serbian #1 (cgc 9.2), walking dead serbian #1 (raw...9.4ish), walking dead argentinian #1, walking dead special edition #1, walking dead weekly #1 (arizona con variant), walking dead weekly #1, walking dead: image firsts #1, and walking dead #1 (white mature reader...9.6)

2011-06-20_13-56-40_913-1.jpg

Edited by Hawkman

I've been reading the survivor's guide and it makes me think that the series is about to either whind down...or volume 1 is coming to a close. It just has that feel to it.

I also noticed in # 3 there's quite a bit of allusion to the fact that Judith was under Lori when Lori died, but it does not say that Judith died. Thinking back on the issue I recall that the lady who had shot Lori was ordering a retreat. I would not be surprised at all if she didn't turn Lori over before she died and Lori begged her to take Judith with her. But again, I haven't dug out issue 48 to see the events as they unfolded. If memory serves it seems like all the in panel action quickly cut to Rick and Carl making their escape.

that would be something .... but how would they find rick again ?

I think that lady's name was Hanna if I'm not mistaken. It's not overly far fetched that she would "adopt" Judith and maybe Woodbury eventually fell under the pressure of a herd.

The people of Alexandria are no longer looking for new people to come live with them, doesn't mean that new people won't eventually show up.