• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Never noticed that holiday special was $9.99 cover. Is it like 100 pages?

Anyone know what the print run was on those having a hard time finding one myself.

Also the Argentina printing company responded to me again telling me to wait some more and I should get my order. I received packages sent within the last 10 days from Canada (thanks always Branget) and Australia, but a package sent over 30 days ago from Argentina is still "en route". I doubt it, that package is misshipped or outright gone by now. Gonna have to open a PayPal dispute in 3 days or I will be out of my 45 day window to dispute the purchase. May be looking for a set of 1-9 from Argentina if anyone has a set still for sale.

Also ordered 2 copies of that SDCC exclusive for $7.99 each but I agree that is an ugly cover for San Diego.

Edited by brendanb438

Anyone know what the print run was on those having a hard time finding one myself.

Also the Argentina printing company responded to me again telling me to wait some more and I should get my order. I received packages sent within the last 10 days from Canada (thanks always Branget) and Australia, but a package sent over 30 days ago from Argentina is still "en route". I doubt it, that package is misshipped or outright gone by now. Gonna have to open a PayPal dispute in 3 days or I will be out of my 45 day window to dispute the purchase. May be looking for a set of 1-9 from Argentina if anyone has a set still for sale.

Also ordered 2 copies of that SDCC exclusive for $7.99 each but I agree that is an ugly cover for San Diego.

I have heard a little over 3,000 BUT that seems kinda low.

just sold my last set. :sorry:

1jq8pc.jpg

i bought 5 of these years ago. the seller told me he couldn't sell them and had had them on ebay for a while. NO ONE knew they had the walking dead story. i think i got these for either $2 or $5 a piece. sat on these for about another year/year-and-a-half before someone on cgc mentioned them. now they go for like $40-$50 on ebay (not sure if they SELL for that much, just always listed for that)

They go for about $25 although the story is cheaper in the #34 2nd print ;)

Even cheaper than that if you wade through all the posts in this thread to find the story posted for free.

To own a copy as opposed to just reading it. :makepoint:

I have heard a little over 3,000 BUT that seems kinda low.

I wrote the print run down in one of my sales threads here. It's a little more than 3,000.

Spoiler alert: Don't read unless you've read the book already. Here's a few hard returns just in case

It was discovered that Duane, Morgan's son, had been bitten and turned. Morgan was protecting him by feeding him the stray person and/or dogs. Duane was chained up kinda like the Governor's "daughter." Rick and Abraham told Morgan that he needed to come with them but that he needed to kill Duane first. R and A left the building and heard a gunshot. Morgan, Rick and Abraham (and Carl) headed back to group. It was revealed that Morgan only shot the chain securing Duane and didn't actually shoot his son.

Heartbreaking stuff.