• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Well the #2 has a solid place to get it signed right below title or across it. Probably just going to have it done in black. This is a 9.4 so maybe I get a lucky bump up, who knows.

My #1 is a 9.6 and I am leaning towards signed in silver to the left of Rick about waist high.

The other comics I am getting signed are 2 #19s that should be 9.8s and the Argentina #10 that is the cover from #19. Can't wait when this is all said and done and back from CGC. WIll post pics of everything.

wow i didn't see it before but that trailer shows rick bringing a shot carl to the farm house ... I hate it when they show big spoilers like that in a trailer

Edited by synch

wow i didn't see it before but that trailer shows rick bringing a shot carl to the farm house ... I hate it when they show big spoilers like that in a trailer

Sadly that's the only way hollywood knows how to market anymore. Put the biggest fights, the final death, and the best jokes in the previews. Then you just pay to watch the filler stuff.

Thinking of taking some slabbed WDs to ECCC next March to get signed by Moore and had some questions.

How does the process work? Does CGC open the slab and hand the book to the signer? Do you open the slab? Whut?

Are the creators pretty good about handling a 9.8 book to not knock it back a grade?

Can someone who's done it post their experience?

Thanks.

Thinking of taking some slabbed WDs to ECCC next March to get signed by Moore and had some questions.

How does the process work? Does CGC open the slab and hand the book to the signer? Do you open the slab? Whut?

Are the creators pretty good about handling a 9.8 book to not knock it back a grade?

Can someone who's done it post their experience?

Thanks.

I know that there is more experienced people than me on this subject but I can tell you what I did at WWChicago. I took my slabs to the cgc booth and Gemma opened them for me and put them in protective sleeves. From there the comics (with the label inside) were with me as I was whisked around with MrMylar and another witness.

Everybody I've experienced has been great handling the books the generally touch the outer edges and that is it. Even Chandler Riggs took care of my #3 when I had him sign it.

Will they all come back 9.8's that I sent in? Lets hope so.

ps Make sure you can get all the autographs before you open them. I had a problem opening a comic to get Norman Reedus to sign and ended up not being able to. The comic had to be regraded for nothing after that. Eh, what can you do.

Take them to the booth and let them crack them out unless you want to learn how to crack them. :)

Any SS slab MUST be cracked by them for the signatures already on the book to be recognized SS by CGC again.

I personally crack my own and don't recall ever losing my pre-crack grade. In fact I have cracked a 9.6 universal and it returned 9.8 SS. :) although I'm sure that's rare.

we have to go through DWC as well or something for a tony signing don't we ?.. cause he charges that $5 or whatever

Andy - GAcollectibles is taking subs for the cincy show next week where Tony will be. Yes Tony charges an extra $5, but you know they will get done if Andy is in charge.

And it's not always about speculating future gains. (thumbs u

Amen brother - collect things for FUN!

+2. I am really enjoying collecting comics again, not worrying about getting gem mint grades or having to have to pay through the nose for other wise worthless books because of their uber-grades.