• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

sell the #1 SS 9.6 then buy a blue label 9.8 and get it signed next con season...$800 for a 9.6 is :screwy: so sell at that offer

but thats my 2c

I agree completely, my only concern is what are the odds the 9.8 then gets signed and comes back a 9.6 putting me back where I started. 9.8s seem to be going for around $800 now so I would be exactly back where I started.

WD #1 is getting ridiculous. Raw copies only seem to be selling for $300 or so, but graded copies are through the roof. 9.8 copies are at around $1000 (one just sold for $1400!), and 9.6 copies are selling for $700-800. I'm sure 9.4 copies will sell $500+.

sell the #1 SS 9.6 then buy a blue label 9.8 and get it signed next con season...$800 for a 9.6 is :screwy: so sell at that offer

but thats my 2c

I agree completely, my only concern is what are the odds the 9.8 then gets signed and comes back a 9.6 putting me back where I started. 9.8s seem to be going for around $800 now so I would be exactly back where I started.

That is a possibility. I had a copy of #2, that was prescreened by a few people at 9.6 (maybe even 9.8) that came back a 9.0 (I suspect the problem happened in the signing process), but on the other hand they didn't screw up the copies 1, 3, 4 and 5 I had signed and submitted.

Edited by lemonman5

Also got an offer of $800 shipped for my #1 9.6 signed by Moore with the white warning. Hurt to decline the offer but I am not looking to sell. Crazy prices being realized all of a sudden for WD stuff.

Wow. Feeling very regretful having no #1s now. I used to be a hoarder of the #1s both black and white labels. doh!

Also got an offer of $800 shipped for my #1 9.6 signed by Moore with the white warning. Hurt to decline the offer but I am not looking to sell. Crazy prices being realized all of a sudden for WD stuff.

Wow. Feeling very regretful having no #1s now. I used to be a hoarder of the #1s both black and white labels. doh!

+1

WD #1 is getting ridiculous. Raw copies only seem to be selling for $300 or so, but graded copies are through the roof. 9.8 copies are at around $1000 (one just sold for $1400!), and 9.6 copies are selling for $700-800. I'm sure 9.4 copies will sell $500+.

I saw recently where an 8.5 went for somewhere around $350. Amazing.

+1

There was no way you were gonna perdict something like this happening before the TV show played(unless you were Jeff). I have heard about TWD almost every morning on my most listened to radio station since the series has played even. It's very mainstream and extremely successful in finding it's audience in the Nielsons.

+1

There was no way you were gonna perdict something like this happening before the TV show played(unless you were Jeff). I have heard about TWD almost every morning on my most listened to radio station since the series has played even. It's very mainstream and extremely successful in finding it's audience in the Nielsons.

Jeff needs to grace us with a picture of all the slabbed WD #1s he currently has on hand to make the board cry a little. :)

+1

Actually, I would have held on to them, but needed to get rid of them due to unfortunate events. :( Seriously though, it was really hoarder status anyway. lol

On another note, I got two co-workers to watch re-runs of the show. :grin: Can't get them to read the books, though.

Edited by FIREFLY

Good episode. I was shocked to see Sophia inside. Good job. It's the first time this season that the TV show has had the shock factor of the comic book. I hope there is more of that coming up.

Although I am seriously frustrated with how long they continued the Sophia is lost arc, the payoff was better than the comic version easy. The comics need more moments like this, badly.

i think the comic has it's fair share of holly mess moments . that's what really attracted me to the comic ,

like when :censored: got :censored: or when :censored: got :censored: ...etc... i was like holly ttttttt!!!!

love it

+1

Actually, I would have held on to them, but needed to get rid of them due to unfortunate events. :( Seriously though, it was really hoarder status anyway. lol

On another note, I got two co-workers to watch re-runs of the show. :grin: Can't get them to read the books, though.

My co-workers didn't want to read TWD either. Try Locke & Key. That one was pretty popular at the office. (thumbs u