• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

My first Walking Dead OA :cloud9:

WalkingDead92pg9greyscalecolorpicturesetting.jpg

Michonne cutting up zombies ! always a good choice :)

congrats

Thank you.

Cool Michonne Zombie Chopping piece!!

Whats the issue/page?

Issue #92 pg.9 thanks!

Nice, congratulations and welcome to the world of Walking Dead Artwork!!

I want to thank FIREFLY and Comic Book Guy for helping me out with getting one of each of the B&W variants and color variants of Walking Dead #94 from the Image Comic Expo this weekend. My wife is gonna kill me once I tell her how much I spent on comic variants from Image Expo this weekend but hey you only live once.

I can't wait to get these ready to get signed and hopefully subbed this summer to become Signature Series books.

I want to thank FIREFLY and Comic Book Guy for helping me out with getting one of each of the B&W variants and color variants of Walking Dead #94 from the Image Comic Expo this weekend. My wife is gonna kill me once I tell her how much I spent on comic variants from Image Expo this weekend but hey you only live once.

I can't wait to get these ready to get signed and hopefully subbed this summer to become Signature Series books.

:applause:

:applause:

I am pretty damn excited to land these. Not cheap but well worth it with how hard these seem to be to come by.

Yeah WTF? Did you also see this auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-41-key-shocking-4-page-sequence-SPLASH-PAGE-ADLARD-ZOMBIES-NR-/320852404071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab44b2767#ht_500wt_1182

This makes NO sense at all. Have people simply ran out of money, or what's happening? It should have sold for 2x the winning bid.

Yeah WTF? Did you also see this auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-41-key-shocking-4-page-sequence-SPLASH-PAGE-ADLARD-ZOMBIES-NR-/320852404071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab44b2767#ht_500wt_1182

This makes NO sense at all. Have people simply ran out of money, or what's happening? It should have sold for 2x the winning bid.

No need to panic.

There are lots of reasons they went for that price.

There's no chance these go for double the winning bid. I just don't see it.

You can buy covers from Adlard's rep for $900-1500. I don't know where these would go for a thousand. I really don't.

To begin with those pages are teeny tiny.

Normally a 2 page spread is 17x22. these were on 11x17 boards. With image areas that are 35% the size of a regular DPS. In OA, size matters, A LOT.

Charlie's artwork starting with issue 38 (I think, it was somewhere in the 30's) went to smaller images like this. It REALLY impacts the enjoyment of the OA. It also reduces the saleability of the artwork.

Also there's not much there, one zombie, one bite, one small panel of Andrea playing hoops. No Rick, No Michonne, No Zombie killing, and the bite of a character A LOT of people have already forgotten about.

Simply put, it went for about what it's worth. It's probably more than they cost from Adlard's rep. and for what they are I don't think there's a world where this goes for $1k.

I completely understand where your opinion is coming from, but as a big collector of Adlard WD art, I know the market fairly well.

If this is normal for prices, why did the two page splash (issue 84 pg 16 & 17) sell for over $2,500 last year? The art to issue 92's cover recently sold for $2,500.

An even greater comparison was page 16 from issue 39 (the splash where Dale is bitten for the first time). That single splash, on a 8 1/2 by 14in page sold for around $800.

I know that smaller art should be cheaper in reality, but with the WD I've noticed that because there aren't many normal 11 x 17 pages on the market, the smaller 8 1/2 by 14 in pages have been commanding similar prices. Pages from the series are minimum $100 on Mark Hays website. I don't see how a total of 4 pages, one being a splash page, would sell for this.

mess i would have loved to grab that for that price !!!

luck i guess , you win some and you lose many :D

Brendanb438 congrats on your variants . I could see you where everywhere trying to get a copy . (thumbs u

Of course some guy named 'the_auction_sniper' would be lucky enough to get the Michonne sketch inside the Vannen watch and then throw it up on eBay immediately.

$500 already?

That is crazy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-Vannen-Walkers-watch-L-E-113-250-RARE-1-kind-drawing-/160748437398?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256d5a7f96#ht_1450wt_922

I completely understand where your opinion is coming from, but as a big collector of Adlard WD art, I know the market fairly well.

If this is normal for prices, why did the two page splash (issue 84 pg 16 & 17) sell for over $2,500 last year? The art to issue 92's cover recently sold for $2,500.

An even greater comparison was page 16 from issue 39 (the splash where Dale is bitten for the first time). That single splash, on a 8 1/2 by 14in page sold for around $800.

I know that smaller art should be cheaper in reality, but with the WD I've noticed that because there aren't many normal 11 x 17 pages on the market, the smaller 8 1/2 by 14 in pages have been commanding similar prices. Pages from the series are minimum $100 on Mark Hays website. I don't see how a total of 4 pages, one being a splash page, would sell for this.

Ya, but that 92 cover is bad !

Anyhow, I promise you if I had seen this, I would have jumped all over it! I can kick my self in the for not catching it, I generally check ebay a couple times a week for Walking Dead art...I even missed your page but I had to many irons in the fire when it ended.

I've bought and sold over a dozen adlard pieces including the full Michonne torture sequence from #33 and the splash of Lori and Judith's end from 48, so I am not totally talking out of my here. lol

Was the two page splash from #84 sold at a set price for $2500 from Mark or another seller? Or was it at auction? Like most modern artwork, there's a high likelihood that the price the artist sells it for might be the highest price it will go for for some time.

Was the Dale page $800 on Mark's site or through personal sale or at auction?

CAF Market Data doesn't list either sale, which leads me to believe that they were direct sales. Which don't compare, at all, with what pieces sell for at auction.

And I would never compare Adlard's covers, especially with one the most popular characters on them, rendered in full 11x17 size with these 2 pagers on one page.

Look at them objectively, it's one money panel out of both pieces. A single panel, the rest of pretty much nothing, and this isn't Dale. Aside from what Mark's sold pieces for in the past or continues to sell them for, you've got to grab a bidder and these pieces are so meh to me.

Just my opinion based on all the artwork I have seen move since Adlard took over the book.

Like comix4fun, I actually thought it was a fairly strong price for that art. I liked the page with Andrea and Tyrese playing basketball but I didn't want it since it is permanently attached to the other page (drawn on the same board). I also like the splash page but that one was attached to the other page as well. I just don't like they way they presented and I think that affected the price tremendously. If they could be sold separately, they would go for more money. However, they are stuck together and I think that is what ultimately hurt the price.

If it was up to me, I would have rather had this one page than the other 4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item4ab44466d1&item=320851961553&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=f5mu8AUUHJHe90KGf%252B1Ys5Cwnb4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And the Dale piece was sold through Comiclink. A very strong price I thought especially since it changed hands a few times recently as well.

Like comix4fun, I actually thought it was a fairly strong price for that art. I liked the page with Andrea and Tyrese playing basketball but I didn't want it since it is permanently attached to the other page (drawn on the same board). I also like the splash page but that one was attached to the other page as well. I just don't like they way they presented and I think that affected the price tremendously. If they could be sold separately, they would go for more money. However, they are stuck together and I think that is what ultimately hurt the price.

If it was up to me, I would have rather had this one page than the other 4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item4ab44466d1&item=320851961553&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=f5mu8AUUHJHe90KGf%252B1Ys5Cwnb4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And the Dale piece was sold through Comiclink. A very strong price I thought especially since it changed hands a few times recently as well.

Love that Rick dream sequence page. It's really nice.