• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Something to Fear starts with issue 97 in May ... issues 98 also comes out in May. Threshing are 6 buttons, but only five issues so I'm more confused than anything else. I have no idea when the Dixon brothers are being introduced, but I'm no longer convinced that issue 100 is the issue. Brendan's probably right ... when issue 100 hits Kirkman will tell readers "remember the joke about aliens, yeah ... that wan't a joke."

That a kind of doubt. Even if that was his plan, the series is now a cash cow, bringing on new readers of the trades (which are breaking sales record figures) and viewers to the show/from the show.

That would be like Walt Disney killing Mickey in 1935. I don't see him wrecking the series, even if it would be a great joke. That would be the dumbest business move since New Coke.

Something to Fear starts with issue 97 in May ... issues 98 also comes out in May. Threshing are 6 buttons, but only five issues so I'm more confused than anything else. I have no idea when the Dixon brothers are being introduced, but I'm no longer convinced that issue 100 is the issue. Brendan's probably right ... when issue 100 hits Kirkman will tell readers "remember the joke about aliens, yeah ... that wan't a joke."

That a kind of doubt. Even if that was his plan, the series is now a cash cow, bringing on new readers of the trades (which are breaking sales record figures) and viewers to the show/from the show.

That would be like Walt Disney killing Mickey in 1935. I don't see him wrecking the series, even if it would be a great joke. That would be the dumbest business move since New Coke.

I was just joking

Two of the buttons are solicited as issues 97 and 98. There's five images (six buttons, but one doesn't depict a character (an axe, sledge hammer, chainsaw, machete, And the crossbow). I guess my best guess is that 97, 98 & 99 each have dual covers or each have a variant. I just wish I knew how many issues I had to buy to get the variants if there are variants. It was a great marketing idea. Gotta give credit where it is due.

Two of the buttons are solicited as issues 97 and 98. There's five images (six buttons, but one doesn't depict a character (an axe, sledge hammer, chainsaw, machete, And the crossbow). I guess my best guess is that 97, 98 & 99 each have dual covers or each have a variant. I just wish I knew how many issues I had to buy to get the variants if there are variants. It was a great marketing idea. Gotta give credit where it is due.

Just wait.. Jeff will have plenty to sell you in the future.

I was just joking

But, I bet Kirkman would strongly consider doing something like that. Even if it didn't kill the series I could see him letting the joke run for a month and then get back to the series. There's no way he could do that now if he wanted to.

Just wait.. Jeff will have plenty to sell you in the future.

I am officially claiming the #1 spot in line :makepoint:

:acclaim:

6 variants... bring it (thumbs u

I think I am done collecting graded 9.8s after issue 100 so let's go out with a bang :banana:

I wish Tony and Robert weren't going through their problems. Would have really liked to have seen a Tony Moore variant cover :(

:acclaim:

6 variants... bring it (thumbs u

I think I am done collecting graded 9.8s after issue 100 so let's go out with a bang :banana:

+1 - I thought issue 100 might be a perfect place to stop collecting the graded copies.

+2

hm Or, I could start upgrading to SS's?

Sure am glad the missus doesn't read the boards. :wishluck:

Just noticed this on eBay and it was sold before I could ask the seller if the pic was accurate.

Walking Dead 19 (Weekly?)

Someone probably pulled the trigger not knowing what they were buying.

That's what I'm thinking.

All of his other listings show non-weeklies and have actual photos not just stock photo like that one so seller clearly know the difference between weeklies and regulars. Also sold the Larsen 50 for $80 hm

Just noticed this on eBay and it was sold before I could ask the seller if the pic was accurate.

Walking Dead 19 (Weekly?)

Someone probably pulled the trigger not knowing what they were buying.

That's what I'm thinking.

All of his other listings show non-weeklies and have actual photos not just stock photo like that one so seller clearly know the difference between weeklies and regulars. Also sold the Larsen 50 for $80 hm

This does not surprise me one bit. Weekly's, in light of the high prices, are doing well. There's a #19 Weekly universal 9.8 going for around $100 with a day left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-WEEKLY-19-GRADED-CGC-9-8-FIRST-APPEARANCE-of-MICHONNE-/260972884746?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cc332330a

Any issues from 1-5, 19, and 27, in the Weekly series, sell for enough to warrant grading them... for now ;) It's mostly new collector's getting caught up in the tornado. Even Argentina books, early issues, are seeing a decent bump in price. I just sold a 9.4 #1 for about $127 :o

were there 2nd prints (or 3rd prints if you consider the weekly the 2nd print) of any of the Walking Dead Weeklys?

Do the weeklies have the legs to make them worthwhile to grab them when found (cover price). I found 2 of each of 1, 19 & 27 today, nice copies. I could have grabbed the complete run was wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

Only hope for those who don't want to drop series coin on a true 1st (not counting the image first).

Edited by krighton