• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I have issues 1-40 in 9.6-9.8 (maybe 9.9 if im lucky) picked up new by myself :whee:

The question is trade them for some silver age, get them slabbed or keep them :pullhair:

Slab 'em and sell them in time for the next season to start, then buy some SA goodness :cloud9:

Jerome

Slab and sell. Probably worth slabbing the first ten, then issue 19, and 27. Sell the rest as high grade raw. Then turn that $$ into silver age material.

I have issues 1-40 in 9.6-9.8 (maybe 9.9 if im lucky) picked up new by myself :whee:

The question is trade them for some silver age, get them slabbed or keep them :pullhair:

Slab 'em and sell them in time for the next season to start, then buy some SA goodness :cloud9:

Jerome

Slab and sell. Probably worth slabbing the first ten, then issue 19, and 27. Sell the rest as high grade raw. Then turn that $$ into silver age material.

+1

To me, it's like cashing out on a hot, for the moment, pink sheet or OTC day traded penny stock and then buying into long term stocks with slower, but historically more reliable growth potential.

Another awesome thing about #1, if I may, is that there were no variants, no second printings, no exclusives - it was a pure #1 that no one saw coming.
Multiple reprints of #1 and TPBs will eventually somewhat hemmorage back-issue demand though in the long run.

I think it comes down to how you see your collection. 2c

1.) If you see comics as an investment or stocks to be traded, the safe thing is to sell them. Personally, I believe the price increase recently is more due to speculators and dealers than new readers.

2.) But if you see your comics as a collection of books you love, keep them. Be happy that you didn't have to spend the crazy money others did.

Like you, I was into WD early and bought every issue except 1-3 for cover price or less. I'm definitely in the 2nd category, but I also collect SA and with the high prices of WD recently I debated this myself too. I've decided to keep my last set, even though I believe what SOT is saying about them eventually going down in value. But if I sold them I'd hate not having them for years waiting for them to go down in value.

I posted this in the signature section but I'll put it here as well.

I got an email from AMC, stating that cast members from the show will be doing a panel. I want to find out if there is going to be any signings with them.

The email:

"The cast and producers of AMC's breakout hit series The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad will participate in hour-long panels at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego, CA. Moderated by Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick, The Walking Dead panelists will discuss what fans can expect in the highly anticipated third season, which debuts in October. Panelists include Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Denai Guerrero, David Morrisey, Executive Producer and Showrunner Glen Mazzara, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer Robert Kirkman and Co-Executive Producer and Special Effects Make-up Supervisor Greg Nicotero."

So Jeffrey Demunn aka Dale is going to be in Louisville this coming weekend signing. Is it true he never does conventions? Any good suggestions for stuff to get signed by Dale?

Also going to have Norman Reedus and TDog there which will be cool.

So Jeffrey Demunn aka Dale is going to be in Louisville this coming weekend signing. Is it true he never does conventions? Any good suggestions for stuff to get signed by Dale?

Ask him to sign #66? Just kidding that'd be mean. Ask him to do a sketch lol

Edut: I wanted to celebrate my 100th post but I missed it. I was hoping to have 12 different posts for it so I could be like the comic series.

Edited by roastedbagel

His 1st appearance or one of those hats he wears.

Ask him to sign #66? Just kidding that'd be mean. Ask him to do a sketch lol

Edut: I wanted to celebrate my 100th post but I missed it. I was hoping to have 12 different posts for it so I could be like the comic series.

I am considering issue #66 actually because it is a key Dale issue and I am pretty sure he would sign it no problem. For issue #65 is that actually Dale on the cover or someone else wearing his hat I can't remember? Some possible issues I am considering so far are #42,56,65 and 66. Kind of shocked how Dale was really never on a cover by himself.

Would love to get a quick sketch by him or Norman Reedus, I may have to see what I can setup. :)

My huge Tony Moore print of cover #1 that measures like 11" x 17" is already signed by Reedus, Rooker, Lintz and a couple others. It will be getting signed by Singleton and Demunn for sure and maybe the other couple random zombie people that are showing up. Kind of hard to see Reedus sig but it is in gold across the middle. I am gonna ask him when I see him again to add the inscription below it of "Daryl" just to match what everyone else did on their own by adding who they were. I hope it doesn't say that will be $30 more dollars to add that bit. I plan on buying 10 or more sigs from him already.

photo58r.jpg

I know issue #87 with the SDCC zombie variant cover sold really well for me last time I got Reedus to sign a few on eBay so I have 3 more of those that I think I will get him to sign to sell. Any other suggestions for WD comics to get signed by Reedus?