• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Uh I don't think the tv show bein in October has anything to do with who dies

i do. no way kirkman kills michonne now and ruins her full debut on the show. amc wouldn't want that i can guarantee you.

Edited by Hawkman

When I read 99, I did get a feeling that I hadn't gotten in about 50 issues and that is, the feeling that all the chess pieces are properly positioned on the board and absolute terror is just around the corner.

I feel like the writing up to 100 has been really well plotted in recent months. I'm really excited for #100 and my latest prediction is that Carl saves Rick's life :sumo: I've gotta be right at least once, right, RIGHT? lol

Jerome

How is her debut ruined by the death of a character that lives for so much longer in the comic book? :baiting:

the buzz around Michonne is white hot. imagine how big it will be when the season premieres. maybe they'll ruin her character on the show, but as of now, they've done her right. she alone, if done right, can carry next season. if you kill her, buzz will die down, and fans of her character, like me, will care less when she shows up on the show.

Why does Glenn want to go to the Hilltop? Why would he think it was safer there when they were getting punked by that other crew? That made no sense to me.

And yes, the art sucks. But until we stop buying, why would Kirkman listen? 300k orders for TWD 100. Why would he change anything???

It's a bit of lost innocence with this series with the 100th issue coming up. It used to be that this book was read by a small audience and the expectations for the series were reasonable and so the story had more resonance.

Now, the series is suffocating under its own weight. The readership is much larger and it will be much more difficult for the 100th issue to live up to the hype as opposed to the 50th issue, which only had the expectations of the comics industry.

They're giving away a car with this upcoming issue...that pretty much says it all.

Well that's the beauty of the show vs the comic, nothing is set in stone. The show is not a cinematic version of the comic. If kirkman decides michonne is going to die, AMC could still do multiple seasons with her in them and even more if they decide they don't want to go with the comic exactly.

I personally think that michonnes death is not the end of the comic or show, in fact, it gives you someone to root for to not die in the show and makes me curious to see how the group handles without a key player.

2c

Why does Glenn want to go to the Hilltop? Why would he think it was safer there when they were getting punked by that other crew? That made no sense to me.

And yes, the art sucks. But until we stop buying, why would Kirkman listen? 300k orders for TWD 100. Why would he change anything???

way more people. and he knows alexandria is about to be attacked.

Well that's the beauty of the show vs the comic, nothing is set in stone. The show is not a cinematic version of the comic. If kirkman decides michonne is going to die, AMC could still do multiple seasons with her in them and even more if they decide they don't want to go with the comic exactly.

I personally think that michonnes death is not the end of the comic or show, in fact, it gives you someone to root for to not die in the show and makes me curious to see how the group handles without a key player.

2c

But why take the chance of ruining a good thing? Michonne isn't going anywhere in either medium for some time.

And of course both the TV Show and the Comic feed off of each other. It would be silly to think one exists in isolation from the other.

2c

it's not the end of course, but i will hurt buzz for the show a lot. AMC is investing ALOT of money in the show, plus hiring an actress to play michonne, they will want her still alive in the book. it adds to her character. The buzz for the governor isn't anywhere near the buzz for Michonne...because he's dead.

Edited by Hawkman