• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

There are millions of "water heads" in this world. If anyone buys into this then they deserve to be taken. While I don't agree with the way it's being handled you can't fault the guy for taking advantage of the dummies in this world.

This most certainly isn't going to stop by any means. Just search "grab bag" on eBay and see what pops up.

Sorry, but this is crazy - we "can't fault" him? Why on earth not?

Taking advantage of people who are not very smart and fleecing them is absolutely to be faulted. This is on the same spectrum as selling financial products to eldery and confused people that don't need them, or trapping people in boiler room scams (if not quite at the same end).

:preach: Sounds like a good deal to me! Here's my credit card information young man.

There are millions of "water heads" in this world. If anyone buys into this then they deserve to be taken. While I don't agree with the way it's being handled you can't fault the guy for taking advantage of the dummies in this world.

This most certainly isn't going to stop by any means. Just search "grab bag" on eBay and see what pops up.

The existence of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons (or fools or dreamers or optimists) is certainly what drives these types of auctions. That doesn't change the fact that he's running a scam. It's illegal and unethical and disgusting.

+1 it diminishes the comic industry in general. There are a lot of crooks in this business and as it becomes more popular, more will come. They prey on the less sophisticated. Over time, the less sophisticated learn about the hobby and become more sophisticated and become the buyers of the future. If someone burns them at the beginning, they may choose to spend their money in a different hobby. In the end, shady dealings hurt everyone.

Entertainment! Yes! $20 on Branget.

Have you not read Nico's posts?

with that stake & the odds for Branget winning you'd get $20.01 back, if they return your stake money

The odds pay off that well? Really...?!?

PLEASE put me down for a BAJAZILLION on Branget!

I just paid $45 and received Walking Dead #97. What a fun experience!

:whee:

Just wait until season 12 comes out. That book will be worth $50-60.

Edited by Hawkman

I just paid $45 and received Walking Dead #97. What a fun experience!

:whee:

lol!

If it were $10 per book would it be better? Or does it have nothing to do with cost? I've considered posting a similar listing with 500 books and a bonus #1 9.8 to the buyer that buys all remaining comics. Just haven't yet.

In this example, it has nothing to do with cost.

Like your idea, though...that's creative! Sort of like an eBay version of the drinking game where everyone takes turns throwing a quarter in the pitcher, and then taking a drink. The one that finishes off the pitcher gets all of the quarters.

that grab bag jackhole is back, he just removed the term "grab bag" from the title and description, errthing else is the same

http://www.ebay.com/sch/comicsandmore5381/m.html?hash=item4ab943d7d1&item=320935811025&pt=US_Comic_Books&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

His current auctions have been up for 9 hours now, despite being reported by numerous people. Apparently you ARE aloud to run grab bag auctions as long as you don't actually use the words, "grab bag" in your auction description!

It never ceases to amaze me just how little eBay is willing to do to police their own site when it really comes down to it...

that grab bag jackhole is back, he just removed the term "grab bag" from the title and description, errthing else is the same

http://www.ebay.com/sch/comicsandmore5381/m.html?hash=item4ab943d7d1&item=320935811025&pt=US_Comic_Books&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

His current auctions have been up for 9 hours now, despite being reported by numerous people. Apparently you ARE aloud to run grab bag auctions as long as you don't actually use the words, "grab bag" in your auction description!

It never ceases to amaze me just how little eBay is willing to do to police their own site when it really comes down to it...

You're :censored:ing kidding.... :frustrated:

Jerome

ok, i hope this is the correct thread to ask.

i just read #1 through 99 this week. first time ever reading WD

of course, absolutely couldnt put it down (HC #1-7, TPB 15,16 and floppies 97, 98 and 99), not a bad way to spend the last 6 days! lol

ok, here's my question. Will i like the TV show?

i do not have tv, so ive only seen 30 second clips on iTunes. and to be honest, it looked a little "slow", but that could hav ebeen because it was only a 30 second clip.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

Eric

ok, i hope this is the correct thread to ask.

ok, here's my question. Will i like the TV show?

i do not have tv, so ive only seen 30 second clips on iTunes. and to be honest, it looked a little "slow", but that could hav ebeen because it was only a 30 second clip.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

Eric

TV show is a little slow but I really like it. Last part of season 2 was great!

Edited by MarvelOnly

how many years of the book are covered in two seasons of the show?

The show doesn't follow the comic exactly so kinda hard to say. Less than 2 years if I had to say

how many years of the book are covered in two seasons of the show?

The show doesn't follow the comic exactly so kinda hard to say. Less than 2 years if I had to say

ok cool. thank you for the info :)

it's like....it's like i was bitten by a roamer! lol

Sorry, but this is crazy - we "can't fault" him? Why on earth not?

Taking advantage of people who are not very smart and fleecing them is absolutely to be faulted. This is on the same spectrum as selling financial products to eldery and confused people that don't need them, or trapping people in boiler room scams (if not quite at the same end).

I agree 100%. That's why there are consumer protection laws, groups, etc. The buyer beware America left us with unnecessary physical and financial injuries. Some level of paternalism is necessary to keep people from being exploited. As comic heavy weights, board members should protect the public. It's the duty of those with the knowledge and experience to police the bad guys as much as we reasonably can be expected to do.