• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I think this negan story line will take awhile. I see him messing around with RIcks crew for another 30 to 40 issues.

I think you are 100% correct. In order to make him worse than the Governor (and more important to the lives of the group), Kirkman needs to keep him around at least as long as the Governor if not longer. He's hear to stay.

Not exactly sure why we are using spoiler tags, but I imagine that there's at least one of you who isn't up to date so I thought I would follow the OP's thoughtful lead. :)

There's always Jesus that can save the day. There's so much speculation that he's a bad guy that I'm guessing he's really good. There haven't been any super likable characters appear in the series since issue 19. It's time for a new one.

And I think the mention of Paul on page 1 is just a red herring. It's a common enough name.

The supporting cast is weak. It was much more fleshed out by the time Made to Suffer came out. The Alexandria cast hasn't really been developed fully, so I won't miss if any of them go other than Heath and Aaron.

But it looks as if Rick & Co are in serious poodoo now. Hopefully, Alexandria hasn't been attacked while Lucille was being fed and they come back to more bloodshed.

I really thought Negen would have chosen Carl (or kidnapped him). That would have constituted the darkest moment for me.

+1

Abe replaced Tyresse, and Jesus will replace Abe. 2c

Just as Tyrese replaced Shane

I think this negan story line will take awhile. I see him messing around with RIcks crew for another 30 to 40 issues.

way too long for me...unless negan disappears for a while. i don't think i want to read 30-40 issues of them battling.

Edited by Hawkman

I had the same discussion with my son after we each read the issue. We were remembering that the Gov. storyline ran 20 issues or so... I don't see Kirkman finishing off Negan anytime soon.

I almost felt sick seeing Glenn get beaten to death. Maybe because it's human destroying human? Being killed by zombies is almost more of an act of nature, I guess. I don't know.

Is this just a 'rinse & repeat' by Kirkman? We have a new Governor & RIck & remaining Co. will eventually take him out? I hope so, but I hope not at the same time.

So - a question for fellow readers:

What would you do? Say you get back to Andrea & the other survivors & everyone is alive/not attacked. Would you gather yourselves & leave the area? Would you play the game & give up half your stuff when directed? Would you play along & plan your vengeance? Or would you take it to the bast_ards asap?

I guess Kirkman & Adlard are still doing something right, because I really enjoyed Glenn as a character & was sad to see him go.

So tonight 20 mins before SDCC closes I see Kirkman signing books and there are only about 10 people in line. No one really around. So I go to the back of the line (I had bought one of the exclusives and thought, why not have him sign it).

So I ask the guy in the back if he's in line. He just looks at me funny and says no I work here. I'm like cool and stand behind the last person.

The guy looks at me and asks me if I had a ticket? He went on to explain you had to have a ticket to get things signed. He was really cool about it and it made sense why the line was so short.

So no sig for me.

On a side note, some guy in that short line had a stack of about 20 of those exclusives he was going to have signed, so I don't think that book is going to be that hard to get, signed or unsigned. There were plenty to be had at Many booths throughout the floor. I got lucky and found one that was selling them for cover. The others had them from 8 to 10 bucks.

So tonight 20 mins before SDCC closes I see Kirkman signing books and there are only about 10 people in line. No one really around. So I go to the back of the line (I had bought one of the exclusives and thought, why not have him sign it).

So I ask the guy in the back if he's in line. He just looks at me funny and says no I work here. I'm like cool and stand behind the last person.

The guy looks at me and asks me if I had a ticket? He went on to explain you had to have a ticket to get things signed. He was really cool about it and it made sense why the line was so short.

So no sig for me.

On a side note, some guy in that short line had a stack of about 20 of those exclusives he was going to have signed, so I don't think that book is going to be that hard to get, signed or unsigned. There were plenty to be had at Many booths throughout the floor. I got lucky and found one that was selling them for cover. The others had them from 8 to 10 bucks.

Kirkman did the ticket thing last year too. I believe he does that because he's scheduled for so many panels throughout the show. This way an angry line dosen't form at the Image booth waiting for him. It's a good system for SDCC.

Also, last year he did a lot of these type of signings in between the panels he participated in. So you should have plenty of opportunities at the show.

The best thing to do is ask people working at the Image booth for a ticket early in the day. BEFORE Kirkman gets there for a signing. They give them out. If you wait until Kirkman is already signing you'll be fighting the masses.

$10,000 obo

There's also "race variants" for the ear. Each race has their own ear, collect them all!

Vulcan? :wishluck: Elf? :wishluck::wishluck:

I don't really know what I'd do with the necklace. It's not very office-appropriate and won't go with my suit and tie I wear daily.

If you ever have to do employee reviews or are entering into a tense negotiation I would think that hanging them someplace in your office, where the person you are meeting with will take a minute before they notice it and what it is, would make for an interesting experience for everyone involved.