• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

big naturals.

Seriously that image is STRONG.

+1

I like it too. (shrug)

I'm not referring to the imagery. I don't know who has creative control in that regard. Maybe Kirkman scrips the covers as well? I am just referring to the art. It is.......awful. No detail, inaccurate proportions, bad shadows

I do agree the image and what it possibly foreshadows is strong. I'm really wishing Tony was back doing the covers. :(

big naturals.

+1

I like it too. (shrug)

I'm not referring to the imagery. I don't know who has creative control in that regard. Maybe Kirkman scrips the covers as well? I am just referring to the art. It is.......awful. No detail, inaccurate proportions, bad shadows

I do agree the image and what it possibly foreshadows is strong. I'm really wishing Tony was back doing the covers. :(

Indeed, Jeff.

+1

big naturals.

+1

I like it too. (shrug)

think about it like this -- at least you wont be tempted to buy it for 6 grand when it inevitably goes on sale at splashpage

big naturals.

+1

I like it too. (shrug)

+1 Internet

Jerome

I think that cover is the tits.

Perhaps if he used the entire cover it could be...it's just screaming half azzed and Kirkman should take notice as it could be the downfall of the title. How long until Adlards covers are 8x10's and his panel pages are 5x7's...at this rate, not very long.

Jim

I think that cover is the tits.

Perhaps if he used the entire cover it could be...it's just screaming half azzed and Kirkman should take notice as it could be the downfall of the title. How long until Adlards covers are 8x10's and his panel pages are 5x7's...at this rate, not very long.

Jim

I like the use of negative space in this case as it makes the image stronger. I don't necessarily like the covers cluttered full bleed with illustrations. WD 48 for one is really strong and uses a lot of negative space. Not that I'm comparing the two, just as an example.

Also this is just a mock and they are liable to fuxx it up with some extra text like "Something More to Fear Part One". Then I'll probably hate it.

Just one man's opinion.

John: I agree, the negative space in 48 is well used and is my favourite cover but 93, 94, 97-99 have all been negative space, and instead of an effective tool for storytelling it looks like a freaking shortcut and a technique way overused by Adlard lately.

Jim

That 103 is a smoking turd. Look at 53. That is a comic cover. I am very much in the Tony vs. Charlie camp. But I can easily acknowledge the good work that Charlie does when he does it. These covers lately are ridiculous. The Emperor has no clothes.

That 103 is a smoking turd. Look at 53. That is a comic cover. I am very much in the Tony vs. Charlie camp. But I can easily acknowledge the good work that Charlie does when he does it. These covers lately are ridiculous. The Emperor has no clothes.

Perhaps a switch to a straight novelization with spot illustrations would be in order. hm