• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

As arbitrary as it sounds, the appeal of the 2nd printing of books with alternative color schemes or all together different covers makes sense to me. I don't understand the appeal of subsequent printings that simply state second print or that have a different date on the cover. So I understand why someone would pay top dollar for Walking Dead No. 33 (blue), but not the second printing of Walking Dead No. 2.

As arbitrary as it sounds, the appeal of the 2nd printing of books with alternative color schemes or all together different covers makes sense to me. I don't understand the appeal of subsequent printings that simply state second print or that have a different date on the cover. So I understand why someone would pay top dollar for Walking Dead No. 33 (blue), but not the second printing of Walking Dead No. 2.

second print of #2 is one of the rarest non variant books...makes sense why people would pay good money for it.

Anyone know how much the last OA Cover on Splashpage sold during the blind auction? Do they announce how much they sold it for after?

Edited by DomUga

Anyone know how much the last OA Cover on Splashpage sold during the blind auction? Do they announce how much they sold it for after?

Unless a Boardie purchases it and brags prob no way to know sales price from now on :(

The auction for the Walking Dead 100 Second Print cover has not ended yet. The auction ends at 5PM central std time on Monday August 13th. Details can be seen here:

Splash Page Comic Art Walking Dead 100 Second Print Auction http://www.splashpageart.com/newsdetail.asp?n=15

As far as prices paid, I feel that it is confidential on my side when using a blind auction format. If the person that wins the piece would like to discuss how much they paid for it, they are of course more than welcome to share.

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

www.splashpageart.com

The auction for the Walking Dead 100 Second Print cover has not ended yet. The auction ends at 5PM central std time on Monday August 13th. Details can be seen here:

Splash Page Comic Art Walking Dead 100 Second Print Auction http://www.splashpageart.com/newsdetail.asp?n=15

As far as prices paid, I feel that it is confidential on my side when using a blind auction format. If the person that wins the piece would like to discuss how much they paid for it, they are of course more than welcome to share.

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

www.splashpageart.com

Thanks for the info Mark! (thumbs u

I just got my batch of books back from CGC from SDCC.

It's not a 10.0 Sketch edition, but I was happy with this... especially with having to carry it gingerly so I didn't get zombie blood or sweat on it.

WD%20100%20Escape%20Edition%209.9.jpg

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

www.splashpageart.com

I just got my batch of books back from CGC from SDCC.

It's not a 10.0 Sketch edition, but I was happy with this... especially with having to carry it gingerly so I didn't get zombie blood or sweat on it.

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

www.splashpageart.com

Will that be put up for blind auction too? :grin: