• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Personally I think Charlie's Work on the series from 7 - 48 was excellent :cloud9:, 49 - 70 was great (thumbs u and 71 - now is inconsistent, rushed, and has a whole layer taken out of the finished product :(

All one needs to do is look at the double page splash of rick punching Tyreese, or the double page all zombie spread in issue 28 and then compare it to more recent work to see where something went wrong.

I agree with this. I'm disappointed to see that Adlard's work is regressing instead of progressing. It's up to him if he wants to go to the smaller page, use way less detail, black over faces in shadow, and limit his attention to character features so the reader can't really tell who is talking, or what is going on. I still look forward to the book, just not with as much enthusiasm as when the art and story were incredible.

Personally I think Charlie's Work on the series from 7 - 48 was excellent :cloud9:, 49 - 70 was great (thumbs u and 71 - now is inconsistent, rushed, and has a whole layer taken out of the finished product :(

All one needs to do is look at the double page splash of rick punching Tyreese, or the double page all zombie spread in issue 28 and then compare it to more recent work to see where something went wrong.

I agree with this. I'm disappointed to see that Adlard's work is regressing instead of progressing. It's up to him if he wants to go to the smaller page, use way less detail, black over faces in shadow, and limit his attention to character features so the reader can't really tell who is talking, or what is going on. I still look forward to the book, just not with as much enthusiasm as when the art and story were incredible.

well said both of you..

Can I get a promise that once #101 comes out, we'll all stop talking about #100? :wishluck: I think I'm all hundred out. :sorry:

Jim

Nope, sorry.

M..agg..ie.....

Speak up!!

With Glenn now dead Maggie surely will take her own life won't she? I can't see her staying around for much longer.

Nope shes going to get Glenns corpse, use her hithertoo unknown taxidermy skills and carry him around for the next 3 years.

In issue #104 she actually attaches a cord to a tape recording inserted in Glenns re-rounded skull cavity,which when pulled, says:

"Ma---magg...maggie!"

"Yes Dear"

"I did the shopping yesterday"

"of course I love you"

"Have you seen my eye?"

Bloody clever that Kirkman bloke.

There will be plenty of 100's in 9.9+. So much for the escape variant being Htf in 9.8. lol

Tell that to the guys with the 9.2s, 9.4s, & 9.6s.

Plus... There are two of us with the majority of the 9.8 Escapes & the 9.9s+, and I who the other guy is ;)

Here's my haul... More to come...

40493d28.jpg

There will be plenty of 100's in 9.9+. So much for the escape variant being Htf in 9.8. lol

Tell that to the guys with the 9.2s, 9.4s, & 9.6s.

Plus... There are two of us with the majority of the 9.8 Escapes & the 9.9s+, and I who the other guy is ;)

Here's my haul... More to come...

40493d28.jpg

You should spoiler tag that image, I almost crapped myself

:o .

Doesn't she have a kid?

Yea, but she's adopted. Maybe this will send Maggie into a frenzy and she'll take her rage out on some zombies, love the adrenalin rush and become Michonne's protege. I'm gonna win the lottery tomorrow too, tho, just so you guys know and don't come looking for me :baiting:

Jerome