• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Even with a new issue out all that gets talked about in this thread is original art. :P

sorry to veer off topic :signofftopic:

Just really liked to cover to 105 . Again good read. Negan is growing on me and I kinda like him. It would seem we are in for alot of surprises in the next couple issues.

Also Carl is Bada$$

What's wrong with talking OA? :boo:

I loved the artwork in this issue...might even pay Mark's bandit market prices for a page hm

Me too!! I love page 21!!!! Please don't steal it from me Jerry.... lol

Even with a new issue out all that gets talked about in this thread is original art. :P

Just really liked to cover to 105 . Again good read. Negan is growing on me and I kinda like him. It would seem we are in for alot of surprises in the next couple issues.

Also Carl is Bada$$

I loved the artwork in this issue...might even pay Mark's bandit market prices for a page hm

are you sure 21 is where it is at? give it another 4-5 reads, sleep on it, email Mark and get more info on when they will be posted, sleep on it some more, read it again.

p.s. if you really really want page 21 I wouldn't post it here ;)

Also Carl is Bada$$

are you sure 21 is where it is at? give it another 4-5 reads, sleep on it, email Mark and get more info on when they will be posted, sleep on it some more, read it again.

Are you saying if I post that I want pg. 21 that someone will probably take it before me because they have more pull with Mark or CA himself? Or are you saying that I'm posting in the wrong forum? What does "are you sure 21 is where it is at" mean? I'm having a hard time understanding this, does it mean it's really not worth it cause it's not "key"? I'm sorry for all the questions. "I may not be a smart man".

Called it that Negan was the reason behind Dwight's face :P

Great issue.A lot was done to move the character relationships forward in so few pages still nothing yet on plot development though :P I wouldn't be suprised if the next issue is completely with the Saviours and their stronghold until Rick comes a knocking.

Would like to see more of the supporting cast taking a step forward now in building up Alexandria / Hilltop i.e. Eugene coming good on making bullets so that they can fight back... but there doesn't seem to be enough time in so few pages. Really can't see where TWD is headed from here on in, if it's doomed to repeat itself or if this is going to be a long and drawn out shift away from Rick & Co as the focus.

*drums fingers on desk*

Regarding the OA, well that is part of the book itself. Kinda fits in here. Just adds to the discussion in general, the people who talk about OA are usually more than happy to chime in on other stuff too :) I have little doubt that they are enjoying the story.

Also Carl is Bada$$

Are you saying if I post that I want pg. 21 that someone will probably take it before me because they have more pull with Mark or CA himself? Or are you saying that I'm posting in the wrong forum? What does "are you sure 21 is where it is at" mean? I'm having a hard time understanding this, does it mean it's really not worth it cause it's not "key"? I'm sorry for all the questions. "I may not be a smart man".

I was just being cynical about posting that on a forum which the seller reads... that's all.

As for "where it is at"... well personally I liked quite a few pages as pieces of comic art and parts of the story far more than 21. In fact I didn't really remember the page and had to re-read. I have been looking at pages from other books recently and found that my mind can flip like a fish out of water when deciding on purchases. Can favour something one day and another the next. Can't speak for you though. It's all personal opinion and counts for little when concerning what is pleasing to anyone else's eye.

I am not completely sure that i like where this storyline is headed.

I just don't like the Negan character as a whole.

Not to sound like a prude or anything, but i think it is his mouth that really turns me off to him as a character that i could even give two about.

I know that people like that really exist, but still.

It wasnt necessary earlier in the series and it almost seems like Kirkman is just using him for shock value.

There's something very child like about Negan... the over use of swearing, the over stepping of social boundries, the jokes, the rage. I don't know if it's meant to come over psychopathic or shocking. Reserving judgement on this.

He's got much more depth than the Gov, but man, he's an A-hole. I fear Carl's going to have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome.

Agreed re Carl and Stockholm. I can see Negan talking him round to the idea of "saving" the world, and brutality etc. being a necessary part of making sure that people conform to his rules. Then Rick'll come blazing in wanting to destroy the Saviors and smash up the Sanctuary and Carl will be very conflicted...

Also, Negan is definitely a psycopath (as opposed to a sociopath or any other personality disorder). Let's do a checklist from the Psycopathic Personality Inventory:

1) Fearless dominance. Involving social influence, fearlessness, stress immunity. - check

2) Impulsive antisociality/selfishness. Involving Machiavellian egocentricity, Rebellious nonconformity, Blame externalization, Carefree lack of planning. - check

3) Coldheartedness. - um... check

Just read it and..... well meh

So Negan is a Furher type person......we got that in #94 onwards.

Very disappointing.

So, did Negan burn the girl or the guy that she cheated with?

We don't see but I doubt it. I'd guess that he would want his wives looking in good condition

It was definitely the guy. I think he even said his name. Mark? Can't remember off top of my head. It looks like that's how that other guy's face got that way. The one that Andrea had kidnapped.