• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

But when you have buyers who don't do their homework, its their own fault.

I agree with that to an extent. Although the guy's description does go into a lot of detail about what he's selling, it still feels off. Some person's gonna spend $200+ on an ungradeable comic that's worth $0

If he's only selling what is in the description tell him to change the listing name then. It's misleading.

meh, i'm done with my convo with him. When the buyer realizes he doesn't have an actual error copy, he can give me $1000 for my actual error cgc 9.6 I have listed. :grin:

Yeah, I don't think they take the 'report' button on eBay very seriously. I stopped using it a long time ago after I reported those grab bags and lottery things.

Last walking dead lottery guy I reported I actually started contacting all the buyers. Along with Roastedbagel, we got a hold of about 25 people who responded with the issues they got. All paid $30 and I think best comic someone got was a #8

The same people who get duped into buying magical grab bags.

The world is filled with stupid people, and there will always be people who try and take advantage of them.

lol

Note to self: see if I can back out of those 37 grab bag orders :(

The world is filled with stupid people, and there will always be people who try and take advantage of them.

Honestly, I completely feel no remorse for people who paid hundreds for an "Xbox box" or whatever was happening back in the days or with the people buying "grab bags with a chance to get Action Comics #15", but this really is misleading, even with the description to an excited new collector. I could completely see 1 year ago me first getting into the comics and trying to get an entire run, not knowing much about the errors and believing this to be the real deal. Especially with how he has two pictures of the same page which is what the error truly is.

He's 100% aware of what he's doing here and I'm reporting him and writing him. He's scum.

Edited by roastedbagel

Honestly, I completely feel no remorse for people who paid hundreds for an "Xbox box" or whatever was happening back in the days or with the people buying "grab bags with a chance to get Action Comics #15", but this really is misleading, even with the description to an excited new collector. I could completely see 1 year ago me first getting into the comics and trying to get an entire run, not knowing much about the errors and believing this to be the real deal. Especially with how he has two pictures of the same page which is what the error truly is.

He's 100% aware of what he's doing here and I'm reporting him and writing him. He's scum.

:popcorn:

I went through the same thing when I was collecting the old Hess trucks.I was not new but when the market was hot people started to make new stickers for the sides of the trucks and even replace the plastic parts with new ones made in China. Then there was a company making new boxes that looked just like the old ones. Every truck became Mint in the box. Killed the market for me. Never been back.

Anyone want to buy some MIB Hess Trucks....Boxes are bright white..lol

So if I get a TWD #19 signed by Danai Gurira, Charlie Adlard , & Tony Moore is it worth be doing so IE will I be able to make any profit with all fees $30 for autogarph + $?10 for tony? + I duno if or what charlie charges ... & then cgc & shipping fees Books would be around the 9. range ... none of them a 9.8 sadly ... plan on getting one done at least just for my own collection

So if I get a TWD #19 signed by Danai Gurira, Charlie Adlard , & Tony Moore is it worth be doing so IE will I be able to make any profit with all fees $30 for autogarph + $?10 for tony? + I duno if or what charlie charges ... & then cgc & shipping fees Books would be around the 9. range ... none of them a 9.8 sadly ... plan on getting one done at least just for my own collection

It seems that if you are ever looking to be able to later on resell this without losing a ton on it then don't cross actors/actress sigs with writers/artist sigs. Keep it one or the other.