• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Hope the link below works for you guys. Hastings Governor Specials are up on their site for those who didn't want to pay a premium and/or do not have a Hastings close by. ( I looked a few pages back here and didn't see a mention.)

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/BOOK/Cat/Exclusive/Ns/p_rank/Ne/4294967294/N/2456+3610+4294933294/departmentName/BOOK.uts

Nice one. Think I can hazard a gues at filling in the blanks for:

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to ping pong my [bLANK] all over these [bLANK]!"

Negan :cloud9:

Negan is such a terrible character and a blatant rip off of the Governor.

So, we didn't even talk about the cover that almost hit 6K...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200900807122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I think 5k is the new floor for WD covers before issue #100 nowadays so I'm not surprised. I wonder what it would have sold for is the seller wasn't in Belgium. I personally wouldn't have a problem spending that kind of money with a foreign seller but I know people like Eric do, so I'm not sure how that affects the final price if at all.

Jim

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to ping pong my [bLANK] all over these [bLANK]!"

Disagree, I think the Governor is a poor mans Negan. Negan has way more layers and is far less one dimensional than the Governor was.

Jim

Disagree, I think the Governor is a poor mans Negan. Negan has way more layers and is far less one dimensional than the Governor was.

Jim

Really?

I feel like we've seen this all before.

This isn't new to me. And I completely disagree with the layers aspect. Governor was shocking (with Michonne, the TV heads was completely off kilter, his zombie daughter, etc). The fact that deep down, he couldnt put his daughter away, etc. THAT is layers to me.

Negan is just.... a bully. One who effing curses in effing the weirdest eff effing sentence eff structure effer ever.

I can't wait til this storyline is done. I've loved the Walking Dead since the start, and the first 80 or so issues was probably one of the best long runs I've ever read in comics but I feel like I've read this all before. I don't even know where they are going with his. I don't feel anxious to read the next issue. I don't care. Just move on from this governor wanna be hack that can't string a sentence together.

I know this is probably not the place to put this, but I thought it might get the most attention if I post it here.

On gohasting.com the Walking Dead Governor Special Hastings Exclusive Variant is up for sale at $4.99 if anyone is interested.

I think we've...well hope we have only begun to see the layers of Negan. I do enjoy his character and get a bit of a chuckle out of the stuff he says. I know some people who have his personality, and if placed in the right setting would act the same way.

I can just Imagine Rick's group being forced to join Negan's and Andrea becoming one of his wives.

Think Kirkman hates Rick enough to put an iron to his face?

Jim

Really?

I feel like we've seen this all before.

This isn't new to me. And I completely disagree with the layers aspect. Governor was shocking (with Michonne, the TV heads was completely off kilter, his zombie daughter, etc). The fact that deep down, he couldnt put his daughter away, etc. THAT is layers to me.

Negan is just.... a bully. One who effing curses in effing the weirdest eff effing sentence eff structure effer ever.

I can't wait til this storyline is done. I've loved the Walking Dead since the start, and the first 80 or so issues was probably one of the best long runs I've ever read in comics but I feel like I've read this all before. I don't even know where they are going with his. I don't feel anxious to read the next issue. I don't care. Just move on from this governor wanna be hack that can't string a sentence together.

Surely if you've read it all before then you know exactly where it's going...?

Joking apart, Negan has also done plenty of shocking things. And I think his treatment of Carl shows the kind of 'layering' that I think you're talking about. So does his recognition that you need to show two faces - in his case, 'inside' and 'outside' his group - in order to be a successful leader.

The governor was in charge of a much smaller community, much nearer to the beginning of the post-zombie world. Negan would have Fd his S up.