• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

All the things that happen in the WD, I feel would really happen. If this really happened people will get god complexes and crown themselves "king" "governor" "god", etc. People would need to be lead, because in the real world there are leaders and there are followers. It's an apocalyptic world and there are dangers all over the place. It's only been what a year or 2? And they're still trying to figure out how the world is going to play out, with the walkers and people. The story makes sense to me, and I love it.

This is how I viewed it as well. After the world goes to hell...no working...no electricity, walking dead people....I can see how some would regress to ancient types of cultures and get Kings, Governors, etc. It does seem plausible that this could occur in a world that truly has gone to hell.

I'm not sure i'm loving it right now but it's keeping me interested.

I'd like a little realism also for a zombie book. They're near Washington DC correct? Where are all the law enforcement members(Secret Service/Capitol PD/DC PD/FBI/DEA/etc), not to mention the thousands of military personnel from all the bases in the area? Where's all the equipment? At least in the TV show they did have some military personnel show up if just for a few minutes. Maybe they all turned into zombies first by some innoculation that was made mandatory. If so, how come there havent been zombies dressed in uniforms? Ok, getting too into it, I'll stick with the kings, knights, and tigers. meh

Please don't misconstrue my person_without_enough_empathying, I just didn't like the one book. I love this arc, and Negan is better than the Governor to me, #108 just left me shrugging my shoulders.

Jim

I like Negan as a character more than the Gov as well. I just don't "hate" him like hated the Gov. I think Negan and Lucille will play a different role in Rick's world.

Who knows though. I'm along for the ride regardless.

I also prefer Negan - it's like someone wrote above: besides killing Glenn, he hasn't actually done anything all that terrible. I can believe that he thinks that the odd bit of ultra-violence is necessary to keep people in line.

Contrast with the governor, who liked to make out with zombie children, chop people's heads off and keep them in fish tanks and all the other horrible stuff. There's a difference between being evil and cheerfully unhinged.

here we go:

Racist

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily

Killed Glen with a baseball bat

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106

Raider

potty mouth

Yeah. He's a good guy? :screwy:

Except of course that I didn't say he was a good guy. Anyway:

Racist - evidence for this?

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES - in theory at least, he does this to keep people in line and make sure they follow his rules. Rick wanted to hang the murderer guy in the prison, and he shot the doctor in Alexandria.

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily - they can choose whether or not to be his "wife", according to both him and Dwight.

Killed Glen with a baseball bat - I said apart from that

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106 - did he? Carl seems fine. Most people would have expected him to hurt or kill him.

Raider - so is everybody

potty mouth - um, so? Doesn't make him a bad guy

All the things that happen in the WD, I feel would really happen. If this really happened people will get god complexes and crown themselves "king" "governor" "god", etc. People would need to be lead, because in the real world there are leaders and there are followers. It's an apocalyptic world and there are dangers all over the place. It's only been what a year or 2? And they're still trying to figure out how the world is going to play out, with the walkers and people. The story makes sense to me, and I love it.

This is how I viewed it as well. After the world goes to hell...no working...no electricity, walking dead people....I can see how some would regress to ancient types of cultures and get Kings, Governors, etc. It does seem plausible that this could occur in a world that truly has gone to hell.

I'm not sure i'm loving it right now but it's keeping me interested.

I'd like a little realism also for a zombie book. They're near Washington DC correct? Where are all the law enforcement members(Secret Service/Capitol PD/DC PD/FBI/DEA/etc), not to mention the thousands of military personnel from all the bases in the area? Where's all the equipment? At least in the TV show they did have some military personnel show up if just for a few minutes. Maybe they all turned into zombies first by some innoculation that was made mandatory. If so, how come there havent been zombies dressed in uniforms? Ok, getting too into it, I'll stick with the kings, knights, and tigers. meh

All good questions. I'd say many of them died, since they were probably first responders. With that said, there is just so much law enforcement around, you'd expect to see a few.

Kirkman made a good move by moving the setting to D.C. Between MD and VA there is plenty of rural area very close by where other settlements can be established.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Please don't misconstrue my person_without_enough_empathying, I just didn't like the one book. I love this arc, and Negan is better than the Governor to me, #108 just left me shrugging my shoulders.

Jim

I like Negan as a character more than the Gov as well. I just don't "hate" him like hated the Gov. I think Negan and Lucille will play a different role in Rick's world.

I also prefer Negan - it's like someone wrote above: besides killing Glenn, he hasn't actually done anything all that terrible. I can believe that he thinks that the odd bit of ultra-violence is necessary to keep people in line.

Contrast with the governor, who liked to make out with zombie children, chop people's heads off and keep them in fish tanks and all the other horrible stuff. There's a difference between being evil and cheerfully unhinged.

here we go:

Racist

Raider

potty mouth

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES - in theory at least, he does this to keep people in line and make sure they follow his rules. Rick wanted to hang the murderer guy in the prison, and he shot the doctor in Alexandria.

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily - they can choose whether or not to be his "wife", according to both him and Dwight.

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106 - did he? Carl seems fine. Most people would have expected him to hurt or kill him.

Raider - so is everybody

Racist - evidence for this? Go back and read the exchanges between Rick and Negan on Glenn. Duh.

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES - in theory at least, he does this to keep people in line and make sure they follow his rules. Rick wanted to hang the murderer guy in the prison, and he shot the doctor in Alexandria. Dude, you're justifying a guy ironing someone's face? Read what you just typed.

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily - they can choose whether or not to be his "wife", according to both him and Dwight. And why was this an "option" in the first place? Do wives just all of the sudden say "hey hun, i'm gonna start having sex with this psycho" for no reason? They did it because he's an AWFUL HUMAN BEING. You know you're dealing with a terrible person when the only option to living a decent life is by putting a fissure in your relationship by sleeping with a psycho. Next.

Killed Glen with a baseball bat - I said apart from that Ha!

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106 - did he? Carl seems fine. Most people would have expected him to hurt or kill him. What a nice guy!

Raider - so is everybody This is your only point i can sort of agree with

potty mouth - um, so? Doesn't make him a bad guy This was a throw away. More just kidding than anything.

Jim

here we go:

Racist

Raider

potty mouth

Raider - so is everybody

Racist - evidence for this? Go back and read the exchanges between Rick and Negan on Glenn. Duh.

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES - in theory at least, he does this to keep people in line and make sure they follow his rules. Rick wanted to hang the murderer guy in the prison, and he shot the doctor in Alexandria. Dude, you're justifying a guy ironing someone's face? Read what you just typed.

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily - they can choose whether or not to be his "wife", according to both him and Dwight. And why was this an "option" in the first place? Do wives just all of the sudden say "hey hun, i'm gonna start having sex with this psycho" for no reason? They did it because he's an AWFUL HUMAN BEING. You know you're dealing with a terrible person when the only option to living a decent life is by putting a fissure in your relationship by sleeping with a psycho. Next.

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106 - did he? Carl seems fine. Most people would have expected him to hurt or kill him. What a nice guy!

potty mouth - um, so? Doesn't make him a bad guy This was a throw away. More just kidding than anything.

Just realized i became "that guy" on the boards. Don't want to be "that guy." Five years ago me would kick current me's for arguing about a comic. On the internet. On a message board.

IRON MY FACE, PLEASE.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

Jim

here we go:

Racist

Raider

potty mouth

Raider - so is everybody

Just realized i became "that guy" on the boards. Don't want to be "that guy." Five years ago me would kick current me's for arguing about a comic. On the internet. On a message board.

IRON MY FACE, PLEASE.

I'm on the iPad so can't type a full response - just wanted to say that I still don't see at all where you've got the idea that he's racist. Are you talking about him referring to Glenn as 'Asian'? Perhaps I'm being dense but I really don't see it. Example?

I'm going to repeat, as it doesn't seem to have registered: I am not saying that Negan is a good guy, or a nice guy. I'm not saying that the way he acts is 'justified'. I'm saying he hasn't done anything particularly more terrible than anyone else, apart from killing Glenn. Don't forget Rick has done some pretty mental stuff too - he didn't need to torture and kill the cannibals, for example.

It's too early to know a lot about Negan other than:

1. He likes screwing with people

2. He can do very violent acts to people

3. He curses all the time

4. Likes sex with many women

5. Has a thing for Irons and guys faces

6. He provides some kind of protection in exchange for half of each communities food, supplies, etc.

7. He's about to be confronted by Rick, Jesus and a dude with a Tiger.

I need more info on this guy...where he came from...the back story to form more of an opinion.

I hear that in next month's episode the dude with the Tiger brings out his second-cousin (who happens to be a MIME). And the MIME knows secrets about Negan, but since he can't speak, it's an entire ISSUE with people communication through silent motions only.

It'll be great in Digital.

I hear that in next month's episode the dude with the Tiger brings out his second-cousin (who happens to be a MIME). And the MIME knows secrets about Negan, but since he can't speak, it's an entire ISSUE with people communication through silent motions only.

It'll be great in Digital.

Picture1162.jpg

It's too early to know a lot about Negan other than:

1. He likes screwing with people

2. He can do very violent acts to people

3. He curses all the time

4. Likes sex with many women

5. Has a thing for Irons and guys faces

6. He provides some kind of protection in exchange for half of each communities food, supplies, etc.

7. He's about to be confronted by Rick, Jesus and a dude with a Tiger.

I need more info on this guy...where he came from...the back story to form more of an opinion.

So he's a pimp.