• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Just a heads up to any boardies in the Kentucky area. If you see this book pop up it was stolen off my damn porch (or by the mailman).

208343-011_zpse1bfba21.jpg

CGC Cert# 0208343011

Tracking says it was delivered on April 1st to my address here in Louisville but I was leaving for work at the exact time it was checked delivered and there was no mailman in sight.

My guess is it was misdelivered and no one has handed it back over to USPS to correctly deliver, or even worse my Mailman stole it but from speaking with him I don't think he would be the type to do this.

Would he be the type to misdeliver it and then not admit it, yeah this is more likely or he scanned it delivered, put it on my porch sometime after I left for work and someone going door to door walked off with it. :(

I will be watching eBay to see if it ever pops up along with the local shops but my guess is if some hood rat walked off with it once they opened it and noticed it wasn't something easy to flip they tossed it in a dumpster.

That sucks :( I'll certainly keep an eye out for you.

Just a heads up to any boardies in the Kentucky area. If you see this book pop up it was stolen off my damn porch (or by the mailman).

CGC Cert# 0208343011

Tracking says it was delivered on April 1st to my address here in Louisville but I was leaving for work at the exact time it was checked delivered and there was no mailman in sight.

My guess is it was misdelivered and no one has handed it back over to USPS to correctly deliver, or even worse my Mailman stole it but from speaking with him I don't think he would be the type to do this.

Would he be the type to misdeliver it and then not admit it, yeah this is more likely or he scanned it delivered, put it on my porch sometime after I left for work and someone going door to door walked off with it. :(

I will be watching eBay to see if it ever pops up along with the local shops but my guess is if some hood rat walked off with it once they opened it and noticed it wasn't something easy to flip they tossed it in a dumpster.

That sucks :( I'll certainly keep an eye out for you.

Thanks I appreciate it. With my damn work schedule it makes it tough to go into the local shops during the week and this past weekend I had to head out of town. I made it into Comic Book World to let Doug know to keep any eye out if someone walks in trying to sell this to them.

Honestly if it was taken off my porch I am guessing that once it was open and it wasn't something easy to sell like a piece of electronics this was tossed into a dumpster.

Would this be covered under shipping insurance since you never actually received it?

From looking around online at results from people who have had this happen and have tried to file a claim the USPS will say sorry we showed we delivered it so you are SOL.

I will escalate this to the Postal Inspectors at the end of the week to put some heat on my local office if they don't get back to me.

I left a nice letter for my mailman saying this today since there is no way in hell he delivered to me at the time tracking states he did.

Heres the thing with the blanks, as told to me by my LCS

they were announced AFTER the solicitation for the regular 109 orders were already placed.

my store orders about 150 copies per month, so those were already ordered when he was

asked how many blanks he wanted.