• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Why the hoarding with the blanks? I can understand getting 5 or so for sketches, but why buy 50? That's a load of money for sketches, and I can't even think of more than five artists i'd want to get sketches from.

Exactly man. I just bought 3 copies, probably take me a year or 2 to find someone to sketch something for me considering the fact that all the good conventions are in other states, besides FL. The next con with anyone I'd like to get a sketch from is in Miami in July. The people who bought 50+ copies are called

265px-Flipper_1995_TV_series_title_card_zpsfeea3a00.jpgS

Edited by retrothecollector

Why the hoarding with the blanks? I can understand getting 5 or so for sketches, but why buy 50? That's a load of money for sketches, and I can't even think of more than five artists i'd want to get sketches from.

Exactly man. I just bought 3 copies, probably take me a year or 2 to find someone to sketch something for me considering the fact that all the good conventions are in other states, besides FL. The next con with anyone I'd like to get a sketch from is in Miami in July. The people who bought 50+ copies are called

265px-Flipper_1995_TV_series_title_card_zpsfeea3a00.jpgS

Or they facilitate sketch opportunities in the signature room and include the blank in their pricing. Not everyone takes 1-2 years to get sketches done. Quite a few board members get over three sketches per con.

Oh and for the record I bought 40 blanks over the course of five transactions and ended up cherry picking the ones without the printing defect that had the minimalist amount of tearing. The rest were sold off, which was more than half of them.

I now have 31 total en-route and I hate to say that I paid an average of about $5.50 for each one. Honestly I think with how few stores actually ordered these and the ones that did I have heard now from multiple stores they got their order cut in half so I figure I will be able to get sketches on maybe 10 or so of these over the next couple years and I will sell off the rest to cover what I paid towards those 10.

My local shop said the blanks were a "diamond alert". Once they sent the alert you only had a number of hours to order. He almost missed it but a friend called and let him know about it... he ordered 250. Doubt he gets that filled but there wasn't a limit from what I understand.