• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

For all of you board members that made it out to see Charlie & say "Hi" at my booth at NYCC, I appreciate it!

Gratz to Retro & TBP for winning the random chances to get sketches by Charlie. Glad you guys both loved your sketches. It was memorable seeing how excited Eric was when he was the last ticket pulled on Fri.

The BIGGEST PROPs to EvilAsh & DHurley for their handling of the Signature Series books and helping at my booths during the show. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Don't worry James J, don't feel left out. I know you didn't get to attend, but the zombie fairy told me that you have a surprise coming to you once the dust settles.

Finally if you missed NYCC, I know it is a long ways off, but every board member should plan on attending the Big Wow Comic Fest in San Jose, CA exactly 7 months from today, May 17 & 18th!

While the show has only announced a few guests so far, we will have an amazing guest list, and we'll be posting more big names in the coming months.

Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

ALL I CAN SAY IS :o:banana: With a new born at home and my wife needing help(2nd girl) we had our hands full. Wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was a great time. Hope to make it next year.

James J

For all of you board members that made it out to see Charlie & say "Hi" at my booth at NYCC, I appreciate it!

Gratz to Retro & TBP for winning the random chances to get sketches by Charlie. Glad you guys both loved your sketches. It was memorable seeing how excited Eric was when he was the last ticket pulled on Fri.

The BIGGEST PROPs to EvilAsh & DHurley for their handling of the Signature Series books and helping at my booths during the show. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Don't worry James J, don't feel left out. I know you didn't get to attend, but the zombie fairy told me that you have a surprise coming to you once the dust settles.

Finally if you missed NYCC, I know it is a long ways off, but every board member should plan on attending the Big Wow Comic Fest in San Jose, CA exactly 7 months from today, May 17 & 18th!

While the show has only announced a few guests so far, we will have an amazing guest list, and we'll be posting more big names in the coming months.

Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

It was really cool to see the pics on the boards... really nice of you to have involved quite a few boardies!!! I just hope that Charlie isn't too worn out after travelling back for the Kendal Comic Art Festival, or that he hasn't worn his hand down to a stub to match Rick's by now!

wait, DHurley was there?

And Mark, that is something that i will never forget! Thank You for making it happen :)

lol I was the "bouncer" and line control (in the Viking hat) for Charlie's line at SplashPage booth all weekend. Since I am from NJ I am use to rude east coast attitude lol

The Splash Page booth was awesome!! So many talented creators :cloud9:

Thanks to Mark for the oppotunity to complete my dreams of nerd bouncer lol

Best part of the weekend is TBP and Retro screaming ...YESSSSSS! When they got picked for the raffle to get a Charlie commission

Also seeing all of Phillip's WD 48 pages .. Simply awesome stuff

Best overall con experience I have ever had :cloud9:

Thanks to everyone who kept us busy all weekend

wait, DHurley was there?

And Mark, that is something that i will never forget! Thank You for making it happen :)

lol I was the "bouncer" and line control (in the Viking hat) for Charlie's line at SplashPage booth all weekend. Since I am from NJ I am use to rude east coast attitude lol

Best part of the weekend is TBP and Retro screaming ...YESSSSSS! When they got picked for the raffle to get a Charlie commission

lol Yea we were pretty loud.

And Phillips 48 pages :o I missed that....and your Viking hat lol

Here's an excerpt of a Rolling Stone interview with Kirkman that I thought was germane for this thread. The link was originally posted in the TWD TV SHOW thread.

How long could you keep the comic book going?

I'm doing the math on this. I'm 34 years old. By the time I'm 65, I might actually get pretty far. If I don't get bored and people are still enjoying the story, I can do 1,000 issues of The Walking Dead. So it is actually possible to tell a story that follows the collapse of civilization into the dark ages into the rebirth of civilization, where things are completely different. There could be an issue 700 of The Walking Dead that's about people delivering mail. That is exciting to me.

Do you have an end in mind for the whole thing?

I have an end in mind for the comic, and I actually wrote the final scene the other day. I know what I want the final dialogue to be. It may change but the interesting thing to me is that I can never tell anyone involved in this show what the ending that I have in mind is because the comic book most likely will outlive the show. I can't have any nugget of what I have planned making it into the show, because if the show ends on season 12 but the comic doesn't end for, eight, 10 or 20 more years, my ending will be spoiled. That would me off.

Here's the link to the entire interview if you wanted to read the whole thing.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/robert-kirkman-i-can-do-1-000-issues-of-the-walking-dead-20131008

Edited by Stumptown

I also wanted to add that it was great seeing some familiar faces and new ones at NYCC. You guys rock.

-shawn

Wish I could have been there. That 10 year video rocked. It really shows what a humble dude Robert is.

I also wanted to add that it was great seeing some familiar faces and new ones at NYCC. You guys rock.

-shawn

Wish I could have been there. That 10 year video rocked. It really shows what a humble dude Robert is.

Yeah, that was an excellent video. Shot very well, the whole story was told well. all in all something everyone should watch (thumbs u

wait, DHurley was there?

lol Yea we were pretty loud.

And Phillips 48 pages :o I missed that....and your Viking hat lol

I was only there Thursday & Friday. And I was working! I managed to get over to the splashpage booth thursday during the end of Charlie's signing though and doug got me in line (thumbs u

-shawn

Hi Shawn :hi:

Nice to get a sec to chat with you before the madness begun

:applause:

always amazes me that the busiest booth at the con(Skybound) is also one of the most organized.

I was only there Thursday & Friday. And I was working! I managed to get over to the splashpage booth thursday during the end of Charlie's signing though and doug got me in line (thumbs u

If you walk up to a line that I am "in charge" of and you have a stack of WD 48 pages :cloud9: you best believe that you will get a spot to get them signed by Charlie :sumo:

My highlights as well!

Great meeting you guys :)