• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Overall the art in 118 was really good. Loving the way that Charlie has aged Carl.

No for real the art is sick. It's so so nice. I'm really digging it.

Besides the weird splash of Maggie, I really like the art also. Carl looks bad! I can't wait to see what happens with him. He will become the leader once Rick dies...dare I say.

Looks like all the pages were still there when I checked an hour or so ago.

No takers ?

Can't afford them :grin: This may well now be the case for a lot of potential buyers looking for that one page which has a few main characters doing something interesting. Would not surprise me if more pages sit for some time as there is a decreased buyer pool. Even someone with plenty of funds has to think twice now about what they are buying.

Christmas, the change of release schedule ultimately won't have a lot to do with it. If you are looking for that one or two pages (DPS) which have something special about them then what you could end up paying now is heading towards Neal Adams or even Sandman territory. I'd say that would also cut out some serious collectors who have other priorities at that level.

I'd have to be smoking a crack pipe to choose this

http://splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=27611&ArtistId=84&Details=0&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

over this...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1001574&GSub=143411

... as an example.

I'm not trying to take anything away from TWD here, but just illustrating how for me it's no longer in an even playing field. Going higher still there are so many Batman covers out there for less than the price of a TWD character splash ... or Wrightson pieces... or or or (shrug)

Edited by Garf

No takers ?

Can't afford them :grin: This may well now be the case for a lot of potential buyers looking for that one page which has a few main characters doing something interesting. Would not surprise me if more pages sit for some time as there is a decreased buyer pool. Even someone with plenty of funds has to think twice now about what they are buying.

Christmas, the change of release schedule ultimately won't have a lot to do with it. If you are looking for that one or two pages (DPS) which have something special about them then what you could end up paying now is heading towards Neal Adams or even Sandman territory. I'd say that would also cut out some serious collectors who have other priorities at that level.

http://splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=27611&ArtistId=84&Details=0&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

over this...

... as an example.

I'm not trying to take anything away from TWD here, but just illustrating how for me it's no longer in an even playing field. Going higher still there are so many Batman covers out there for less than the price of a TWD character splash ... or Wrightson pieces... or or or (shrug)

Or a Sixth Gun cover..... :whistle: That's just pure beauty. Not taking away from TWD either. But Garf makes a valid point, so much so that I am too rethinking what I want to buy. I'd really just like a single all Adlard piece if I do buy another one.

No takers ?

over this...

... as an example.

Garf I think you bring up some good points..........for me I have not stopped collecting Walking Dead. But what I have done is shifted my focus a few times over the year. First it was buying WD OA when it was release direct, don't get me wrong I still do if I love the page. Tony Moore seemed to high and hard to find at the time. So I moved to older splashes and DPS.From issue 48 to let say 98.Prices started to spike there too. I moved to pre issue 48. Pre 48 started to go high as well. Now Tony Moore prices don't look so bad when you look at it as a whole. So I tend to move around. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay with the Dead,not into super heroes.

Ah you know I am also being bitter about it :-P if the prices went back down I wouldn't be complaining ;-)

All art aside though I really can't see where this arc will end up.

I hear you it makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Bye bye Rick :hi:

Hello Negan :banana: