• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

It's a great time to buy right now, horrible time to sell. The majority of us know this. Hell I couldn't even sell my #1 for what I wanted. I swear though that was my lowest bottom price. I would of waited till after the holidays.

But ya sell me your #10 9.8's for $50 before it's too late! :popcorn:

I loved the Silvestri 100 cover. I seriously thought it was the best of the non-adlard variants.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was underwhelmed with both the 100's and the Wizard Worlds too. I thought the 100's were mostly mundane and the WWs too busy and not distinctive enough.

Most of the covers to both largely looked like just another scene in the comic instead of something that would stop me in my tracks and make me want to buy that comic because of the cover. Again, it's all personal taste and to me they were just boring.

My favorites 100 cover was Quitely's. Vivid, shocking and actually, kind of funny.

My favorite WW so far is Philly. Kind of moody and a color that doesn't seem to show up much in comics so distinguishing. It doesn't blow me out of the water but it's the best IMHO.

I liked a lot more of the HI covers because they were creative mostly.

2c

That's terrible

Is Rick using the gun as an air guitar?

Oh come on... You guys are being WAAAAAYYY too rough on this one. I actually dig it! SUE ME.

Like it or not, Liefeld will always have a major place in discussions among modern American comic artists, for better or worse. We've absolutely seen worse. Hell, I love Charlie and have gone to bat for him numerous times and he's done worse.

I just wish Liefeld would stop thinking he's Jack Kirby with all those damn heads. I know he grew up idolizing the guy, but focus less on the heads and more on better proportioned characters, mastering feet and people holding stuff. Also, throwing in some new facial expressions wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by awakeintheashes