• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

How did they get to the prison in the first issue?

Poor cover choice.

They don't it's in issue #12 That's just an reimagination of The Escape course

Dale and Andrea stumble upon an incredible find and summon Rick. Over the hill, they see The Prison with walkers shambling about outside. A smile on his face, Rick proclaims, "it's perfect. We're home."

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_12

Can they skip #1 and get a #2 reprint again? (shrug)

They are trying to hook readers, fans of the show, people who would run the course. It's actually brilliant marketing, you have a built in audience, and you are putting the book into hands of people who care about WD/Zombies already. Don't think putting issue #2 in their hands is gonna hook em.

Jim

They are trying to hook readers, fans of the show, people who would run the course. It's actually brilliant marketing, you have a built in audience, and you are putting the book into hands of people who care about WD/Zombies already. Don't think putting issue #2 in their hands is gonna hook em.

Jim

+1

I didn't realize that it was a promo for the run. It is a great idea. I'm certain it will push more people to read the comic.

As for the "simple" variants... doh!

Jim

That's an awesome business tactic. But it sucks when I have to have the book in order to suffice the hunger the CGC registry demands. :(

Jim

That's an awesome business tactic. But it sucks when I have to have the book in order to suffice the hunger the CGC registry demands. :(

Ricks gonna buy the farm soon anyway, then you won't want any part of this book anymore.. ;)

Jim

Ricks gonna buy the farm soon anyway, then you won't want any part of this book anymore.. ;)

:( I'll still read it. But every issue after will have a single tear on the inside. CGC will get so sick of me slabbing WD books with this tear, that they'll eventually state at the top of the label, "Retros tear on inside page, does not affect story"

Yet another walking dead # 1 reprint.

TheWalkingDead01NoEscape2014-d143e.jpg

I kinda like it. I like it better than some of the WW variants. It also gives me another reason to maybe do the Escape.

Cool I was really needing a #1 reprint, hope it comes in B&W as well :banana:

From skybound.com

"This The Walking Dead #1 cover by Juan Jose Ryp will be available to the first 1,000 people signed up for The Walking Dead Escape as either a "Walker" or "Survivor" at each stop on the tour, which starts in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on April 24. If you're not one of the initial thousand, worry not! The comic will also be on sale throughout the tour.

In addition, those who purchase VIP tickets will receive a black-and-white variant of the cover, available exclusively to ticket holders."

Looks like you are in luck!

I will most likely go to the tour and buy one since they are coming to my city.

From skybound.com

"This The Walking Dead #1 cover by Juan Jose Ryp will be available to the first 1,000 people signed up for The Walking Dead Escape as either a "Walker" or "Survivor" at each stop on the tour, which starts in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on April 24. If you're not one of the initial thousand, worry not! The comic will also be on sale throughout the tour.

In addition, those who purchase VIP tickets will receive a black-and-white variant of the cover, available exclusively to ticket holders."

Looks like you are in luck!

I will most likely go to the tour and buy one since they are coming to my city.

That's just idiotic. I'll be in SD for that one but I have zero interest in running it again. Here's hoping Dre ends up with both so I don't have to bother wasting the energy walking over to Petco to buy it.

:( I'll still read it. But every issue after will have a single tear on the inside. CGC will get so sick of me slabbing WD books with this tear, that they'll eventually state at the top of the label, "Retros tear on inside page, does not affect story"

That was funny Retro lol