• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's the estimated print run of Walking Dead 127 Diamond Retailer Sketch Variant? The prices on eBay are ridiculous and there are too many of them.

1,148 (thumbs u

Thanks! How do you know that?

By the way, what would be a fair price for buying it? eBay prices don't look fair to me, but I could be wrong.

Interesting;

The second printing of The Walking Dead #127 and the first and only printing of The Walking Dead #128 will be released on June 11, according to the publisher.

“We want retailers to join us in making The Walking Dead #127 the last issue we reprint for this series,” noted Stephenson. “This is the beginning of the 22nd arc for one of the most successful comic series of all time, and it shouldn’t be news to anyone that this is a solid seller, on an issue-to-issue basis. We’re going to do our part by making this series easier than ever for retailers to support, but after that, it’s up to them to make sure every issue is available to as many readers who want the book, month-in and month-out.”

Link

Went to a LCS today. They had number 1 in 9.2...big sign on front door stating 21% off everything because of it being their 21st anniversary. Well the number one had no price tag so I inquire and am quoted $1,700. I'm like "Really?". He said "Yep that's what they're going for on eBay". (Since I've been shopping heavily online, I knew that wasn't right) so I said "Are you sure?" He pulls up eBay sold listings and filters highest first. Top one CGC 9.2 was like thirteen and some change. Most recent Eleven and some change...so he says "hmm I know I saw one for 17" and then searches live listings. Yup there's one listed BIN 1700ish...says oh that's what I must've seen. But says has to stick to it because someone could buy it and sell it online and list it for more....hmm okay bad logic...I thought he was changing it to thirteen at that point. I ask about the 21% off and he says doesn't apply to that book. So I said, so you're at 1300? He says no I'm staying at 1700 but if you buy all my WD slabs I can do 3,000 for the lot. Needless to say I bought nothing major. Snagged a few items for my son and left.

Here's my complaint....

A. I'm standing in store no PayPal or eBay fees and he's quoting an eBay BIN price to me. Not even most recent sold price.

B. Big sign out front that says 21% off Everything but not everything had a price tag and not everything is discounted.

Grumble grumble-my money is better off with me I think.

Does anyone know what's the estimated print run of Walking Dead 127 Diamond Retailer Sketch Variant? The prices on eBay are ridiculous and there are too many of them.

1,148 (thumbs u

Thanks! How do you know that?

By the way, what would be a fair price for buying it? eBay prices don't look fair to me, but I could be wrong.

Diamond Retailer Sketch is whack! Not worth a penny in the long term if you ask me. If I were you I'd focus on key issues. It will be worth your time and money to buy another copy of issue 19 or 2 than another variant cover.