• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

That's true...but sometimes it's hard to know what the print run is. For example, what is the print run on the Wizard World variants? It's got to be in the thousands, right?

EXACTLY. I read that the Image Expo was limited to 1000? But god there is so many it's so hard to believe that only 1000 were made. Someone correct me here...Thanks

I would love for it to close at $910 in my favor... lol

But I can see it hitting 3k

The more people hear about this, the more people bidding...

Do you think everyone who wins will actually pay?

Do you think some will go to re-auction at the end of all this?

In my experience Hero will offer the book to the next highest bidder in the case of a no pay. The fact that they are a tax write off always pushes the initial bids higher. If/When they do come back up for sale from the winning bidders they almost always go lower. I can say I do hope the winners are opting for CGC grading. As far as resale goes it's a no brainer, although I'm one of those collectors that operates on the "once it goes into my collection, it never comes out!" At least until my kids are ready for college :frustrated:

Great story... I especially like his thank you note at the end....

"So Thank You Mr Kirkman for creating the comic in the first place. Thank You AMC for making it a huge televisual hit. Thank you Eric Stephenson for taking a punt on The Walking Dead, Thank you speculators for driving up the price to ridiculous levels and Thank you the people who currently own these issues. This last year of my life was all made possible by you."

Great story... I especially like his thank you note at the end....

"So Thank You Mr Kirkman for creating the comic in the first place. Thank You AMC for making it a huge televisual hit. Thank you Eric Stephenson for taking a punt on The Walking Dead, Thank you speculators for driving up the price to ridiculous levels and Thank you the people who currently own these issues. This last year of my life was all made possible by you."

Yup!

That's true...but sometimes it's hard to know what the print run is. For example, what is the print run on the Wizard World variants? It's got to be in the thousands, right?

EXACTLY. I read that the Image Expo was limited to 1000? But god there is so many it's so hard to believe that only 1000 were made. Someone correct me here...Thanks

These limited WD print runs are not always what they seem on these variants.

I know for a fact that overprinting on some of these "limited" prints have managed to find their way out the backdoor of some of these events. Last years Image Expo color and B&W variants being a prime example.

I know for a fact that overprinting on some of these "limited" prints have managed to find their way out the backdoor of some of these events. Last years Image Expo color and B&W variants being a prime example.

Point taken..... More books=more money

Variants for everyone!!!!!

In my experience Hero will offer the book to the next highest bidder in the case of a no pay. The fact that they are a tax write off always pushes the initial bids higher. If/When they do come back up for sale from the winning bidders they almost always go lower. I can say I do hope the winners are opting for CGC grading. As far as resale goes it's a no brainer, although I'm one of those collectors that operates on the "once it goes into my collection, it never comes out!" At least until my kids are ready for college :frustrated:

Ya, I feel the same way, I wanted to get a couple to re-sell, but I've never re-sold anyting... lol

They just stay in their boxes....

So you can write these off in your taxes?

Also, what do you mean they go for lower once they are put up for sale?

p.s. What kind of bike do you ride Troy?

I got a 03 Road King on 21/18" rims, True duels, bout to put the 95 kit in it and give it gear2gear...

Ya, I feel the same way, I wanted to get a couple to re-sell, but I've never re-sold anyting... lol

They just stay in their boxes....

So you can write these off in your taxes?

Also, what do you mean they go for lower once they are put up for sale?

p.s. What kind of bike do you ride Troy?

I got a 03 Road King on 21/18" rims, True duels, bout to put the 95 kit in it and give it gear2gear...

So does HI give some sort of written statement with these about what their fair market value is? If not when it comes to being a "tax write-off" just hope you don't get audited.

<<

In addition, donors who provide goods for charities to sell at an auction often ask the charity if the donor is entitled to claim a fair market value charitable deduction for a contribution of appreciated property to the charity that will later be sold. Under these circumstances, the law limits a donor's charitable deduction to the donor's tax basis in the contributed property and does not permit the donor to claim a fair market value charitable deduction for the contribution. Specifically, the Treasury Regulations under section 170 provide that if a donor contributes tangible personal property to a charity that is put to an unrelated use, the donor's contribution is limited to the donor's tax basis in the contributed property. The term unrelated use means a use that is unrelated to the charity's exempt purposes or function, or, in the case of a governmental unit, a use of the contributed property for other than exclusively public purposes. The sale of an item is considered unrelated, even if the sale raises money for the charity to use in its programs.>>>

Point taken..... More books=more money

Variants for everyone!!!!!

Was just coming on here to see whats up with these variants, seams like Walking Dead went the way of Witchblade and others, variants variants! doh!

Really? Well this I have to hear. Why would you think any went out the back door? lol

Really? Well this I have to hear. Why would you think any went out the back door? lol

With your connections I would figure you would have a good idea of which "limited" variants have more now floating around then the original release numbers.

Edited by brendanb438