• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Uh, so any thoughts on the latest issue?

I can't say I'm happy with the latest development, if it is indeed true. I'm hoping there were somehow people hidden within the herd (camouflaged in guts?) that they heard. It's a stretch, I know, but having the walkers talking...and not just talking but carrying on purposeful conversations, is a bit hard to swallow at this point.

It did remind me of the book The Girl With All The Gifts which I read recently though. Not to spoil that book, but I would recommend it if you are into WD.

I can't say I'm happy with the latest development, if it is indeed true. I'm hoping there were somehow people hidden within the herd (camouflaged in guts?) that they heard. It's a stretch, I know, but having the walkers talking...and not just talking but carrying on purposeful conversations, is a bit hard to swallow at this point.

It did remind me of the book The Girl With All The Gifts which I read recently though. Not to spoil that book, but I would recommend it if you are into WD.

I was thinking along the same lines.

I don't think the Walkers are going to start talking. Something else is up I'm guessing. Maybe people traveling in the heard. Also I knew Negan wouldn't get out that easy. Kirkman is never going to be that obvious. A lot of slow building and set up before everything goes to in Oct.

Also interesting letter comments.Things like people at sea? Negan origin? hm

Edited by Rip

Were you guys also missing page 3 from the Google Play download?

No page 3 for me either. I have downloaded it on two devices and both just show a white page for #3. I expect it will come up fine if I load it on the computer (thanks Rip) but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

In reading the issue I did have in the back of my mind a comment that the official walking dead Facebook account had said Monday night:

Taking the "everything we've known may change" teaser this issue further, they said that everything may change specifically about walkers.

Though now I'm realizing that I shouldn't put any more credability into those teasers than any other teasers they put out. Is #131 here yet? Hah.

I think

It is more likely that someone is "driving" the heard. Marco just though it was the heard talking because he was dehydrated and delirious.