• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Uh, so any thoughts on the latest issue?

I can't say I'm happy with the latest development, if it is indeed true. I'm hoping there were somehow people hidden within the herd (camouflaged in guts?) that they heard. It's a stretch, I know, but having the walkers talking...and not just talking but carrying on purposeful conversations, is a bit hard to swallow at this point.

It did remind me of the book The Girl With All The Gifts which I read recently though. Not to spoil that book, but I would recommend it if you are into WD.

I think

It is more likely that someone is "driving" the heard. Marco just though it was the heard talking because he was dehydrated and delirious.

Very kool story. Building up as always and keeping us in suspense. My thoughts.....

I am so happy that Robert had Magna not buy Negans story. He did bring up a good repeat of things Rick has said but then changed course so I applaud you RK. Second, I do agree with Bffnut, someone is driving the heard or walking behind them. Not going to say an ambush, because it's been done that they drove the herd away. Kirkman did say that there are going to be more crazy and interesting characters to appear than say Ezekiel and the tiger. So we just have to wait 4 excruciating weeks for 131. :(

And the art is up on splash for those who might be interested :)

Giant panels for inks on this page;

Splashpageart

Agreed, I was giving that one some thought. Would be nice to display. I'll be holding out though, nothing from this issue is jumping out to me other than the page with the herd marching by.

So I have posted the OA/OA of what I have been trying to gather up for a while now.

As some of you may know I am still in need of pages 4,19, & 22 of issue #113.

4 and 22 may never see the light of day for me, but still never say never.

I do have a pretty good idea of where 4 is, and page 22 I do know where it is.

But I really need to find page 19, if I can just find it and buy it from the collector than I would feel at least complete with what I have been trying to complete the action.

Anyways, this is IMO, what I think is one of the coolest thing to happen to a character in the WD world.

For a woman to take a beating like this, as Andrea has, and come out the victor, is just EPIC. Andrea is a G!!! Just like the fight between Michonne and The Gov.

I have the entire fight scene between her and Connor posted to CAF.

Here ya go if you wanna see it.

LINK

Uh, so any thoughts on the latest issue?

I can't say I'm happy with the latest development, if it is indeed true. I'm hoping there were somehow people hidden within the herd (camouflaged in guts?) that they heard. It's a stretch, I know, but having the walkers talking...and not just talking but carrying on purposeful conversations, is a bit hard to swallow at this point.

It did remind me of the book The Girl With All The Gifts which I read recently though. Not to spoil that book, but I would recommend it if you are into WD.

I think

It is more likely that someone is "driving" the heard. Marco just though it was the heard talking because he was dehydrated and delirious.

I just realized, it's raining very hard and steady...

...if someone was covered in blood & guts wouldn't it quickly wash off like it did when Rick & Glenn tried it? Originally I thought for sure it would be humans covered in guts but the rain makes for a big plot hole.

Maybe a zombie has a walkie strapped to its side and that's what Marco heard?