• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

Sooooo. If I wanted to start reading the comics where Season 5 of the TV show ended, where would I start?

I presume you mean where Season 4 ended, unless you have an inside line that I would love to hear about! heh.

The show regularly deviates from the comics in both small and large ways. The cliffhanger that our heroes left Season 4 in was not pulled directly from the comics, so there isn't an issue # that I could point you to. Others will have a better idea, but I would put the show somewhere in the early #60s, but again there isn't a direct correlation between the show and the comics.

As a fan of both the show and the comics I recommend you start with issue #1 and read straight through. There are significant differences between the two mediums in terms of story, and experiencing it as an illustrated and lettered page versus on the TV has its own benefits as well.

Good luck!

Sooooo. If I wanted to start reading the comics where Season 5 of the TV show ended, where would I start?

I presume you mean where Season 4 ended, unless you have an inside line that I would love to hear about! heh.

The show regularly deviates from the comics in both small and large ways. The cliffhanger that our heroes left Season 4 in was not pulled directly from the comics, so there isn't an issue # that I could point you to. Others will have a better idea, but I would put the show somewhere in the early #60s, but again there isn't a direct correlation between the show and the comics.

As a fan of both the show and the comics I recommend you start with issue #1 and read straight through. There are significant differences between the two mediums in terms of story, and experiencing it as an illustrated and lettered page versus on the TV has its own benefits as well.

Good luck!

+1

Is this guy a boardie? I don't know anyone more hardcore than him.

*cough, cough* James J *cough, cough*

Not me,he is in north Jersey. I'm in central Jersey by the water.

Guy could pass as my brother lol

It would be an intense Walking Dead conversation If we were to meet.....

When he pulled out the B&W Mexican variant I was sold that he was a true die hard fan,as many of us here are :insane:

For just opening boxes with WD cgc's it was pretty cool.

Maybe because I feel the same way when that OA or comic comes in the mail.......like Christmas came early :grin:

When he pulled out the B&W Mexican variant I was sold that he was a true die hard fan,as many of us here are :insane:

Maybe because I feel the same way when that OA or comic comes in the mail.......like Christmas came early :grin:

I knew it wasn't you bud. ;)

I also knew it wasn't you…I was just saying that I think your'e a more hardcore WD fan than the Steve guy from the YouTube video :grin:

I also knew it wasn't you…I was just saying that I think your'e a more hardcore WD fan than the Steve guy from the YouTube video :grin:

lol I know you guys knew it was not me.......its been eerie quiet around here,it was good to see some new posters jumping on. We need to be doing something on here lol

I think it might be a good time for me to reread the 48.

Good luck!

Thank you sir

James when you finally open the inevitable Walking Dead Original Art Museum in Jersey please send me an invite!

James when you finally open the inevitable Walking Dead Original Art Museum in Jersey please send me an invite!

Same here. I would easily travel to visit your collection. lol