• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Good observation Carl, I hadn't thought of that. Now I'm thinking there's a slight chance we have talking walkers again.

Kirkman has done it well in Marvel Zombies, maybe after 10-yrs he's ready for a major change on the book. I have to admit it would make for some interesting stories.

Rob is AWESOME!!!

Seems like a nice guy from what I have heard but I don't really know him.....

Thought it would be cool to get the first WD cross over in the image universe.

Even if it was a one shot deal for fun.

Anybody else check the census lately?? We're up to 20 9.9's for #1.

I might be wrong but before the new ones there was a group of 9.9's that showed up. I was thinking then if it could of been from one person.

Does anyone else think that Issue 131 is going to be the " Death of Rolland - Blacksmith Apprentice" I think that Carl is going to kill him so he get's the job and gets to stay at the Hilltop. We know from the cover of the next issue that Carl must get the gig as apprentice.

Does anyone else think that Issue 131 is going to be the " Death of Rolland - Blacksmith Apprentice" I think that Carl is going to kill him so he get's the job and gets to stay at the Hilltop. We know from the cover of the next issue that Carl must get the gig as apprentice.

lol, that would be a pretty evil move. Can there be only one?

Well it would make since to me now why his arm looks messed up on the cover.

It was the fight he had with the other apprentice.....got to do what you got to do, to take your rightful place.

lol according to Star Wars there is one Jedi Master and one apprentice

Issue 130 was pretty good. Sum it up:

Negan = Villain I hate to love.

Carl = There can be only one.

Rick = Savior.

Michonne = Still missing.

Talking zombies = Warm Bodies. Please Lord, no.

lol according to Star Wars there is one Jedi Master and one apprentice

lol, that is true!

After the awesomeness of the 130 cover we have;

0720F49B-8197-442C-9336-C30DA91D9DC5.jpg

I have faith Charlie is going to balance it out with some killer interior pages.

I don't know why i keep buying it month after month, I haven't cared for the characters since the governor saga.

Never minimize Bernie and the life he gave :taptaptap:

I think the first 48 will always be tough to top but for 130 issue I am still interested and always can't wait for the next issue.. Kirkman always keeps us on our toes :headbang:

I don't know why i keep buying it month after month, I haven't cared for the characters since the governor saga.

I think of it like a TV show. The fact that it still holds my interest after 11 years is phenomenal. Not many properties can say or do that. I like the risks Robert is taking. Not every single issue--especially after a decade-- can be a masterpiece. It's OK to be just "good"! Like, that's OK!

Are you trying to tell us that you don't care for Rolland??? I find that hard to believe.

This eager young kid from a broken home trying to make it in the kill or be killed world of Blacksmith apprentices? Poor kid has to compete with the son of the Great Rick Grimes. His days are literally numbered, no way he survives past issue #131, we've all seen the cover :sorry:

FFA4BB46-D377-4D2B-91EA-D181316A34A1.png

I think of it like a TV show. The fact that it still holds my interest after 11 years is phenomenal. Not many properties can say or do that. I like the risks Robert is taking. Not every single issue--especially after a decade-- can be a masterpiece. It's OK to be just "good"! Like, that's OK!

I kind of get where Pirate is coming from. The TWD characters, especially the supporting ones can be very 2 dimensional.at times. No back story for most of them, no meaningful relationships for a lot of them.. and Kirkman has written beyond the initial high octane post-apocolyptic struggle that had you reeling from scenes out of Dawn of the Dead towards the Thunderdome or No Escape or other scenarios... so you need the characters to carry the story right now. I don't disagree that it's still good but I think it often lacks that back story or two or three... or even the use of an inner monologue which is hardly ever employed by Kirkman which leaves Adlard and the readers having to bridge that gap a lot of the time. It's mostly conversational. Maybe even a teeny bit of descriptive prose?

It's great that things are changing, if it stayed the same the whole way through then it would be getting really old by now, but it's already told a gripping character story about "survival at what cost to your humanity" ... is that still the purpose or is there a new reason for reading? If Kirkman can go out there and grab a theme other than us versus them and get his characters motivated and reacting to it then great. Looking at the TV show I loved the bit they did with the Gov, the bad guy, being thrown into a completely different situation for a few episodes.