• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

So here we go with the next wizard world artist (Raleigh)

WW New Orleans - Michael Cho

WW Portland - Steve Lieber

WW Madison - Rob Liefeld

WW Indy - Michael Golden

WW Cleveland - Greg Horn

WW Fan Fest - No WD Variant

WW Raleigh - Dean Haspiel

Has anyone seen the OA for these covers being sold?

The variants are definitely not swamping eBay like they did at the end of the year.

Does anyone know if they are even selling em from the skybound/image booth like last year or are they only given out to general attendees (color variant) and VIPS (black n white)?

I do know.......but if sellers have 15-20 of them for sale,sounds like there must be other ways to get them. I would wait to buy these. They are by no means rare and even the B&W will be easy to get.

Its just a gimmick to say or imply that ticket holders are the only ones getting them.IMO.....

Two years ago the 2nd print Portland copy that was to be mailed out to ticket holders that didnt get one at the door have showed up in bulk to a few dealers.

Rare,no...........made to look rare,yes.

I have no facts of prints runs and can only go by what I see..... I could be way off with this.

Edit: dont get me wrong, I'm probably one of the few people that love to collect these. I have always liked when other artist do their own take on the walking dead.

But people like me tend to over spend by a lot to be the first ones to grab one. Its one lesson you would think I could learn and master.....

^ I'm right there with ya. Have all 2014s cgc 9.8... now to start these new ones but have learned to be patient, let the people overpay at the start and sit back to scoop em up haha

a friend of mine was at the new orleans con and simply asked people for theres who really have no want or need for em.. he ended up getting over 20 sets and made a decent amount at $50 a set on eBay.

Edited by ZGagnon

I like the conspiracy angle better lol

You're right I'm sure a lot of these books just get handed off from the attendees.

I'm still curious how the distribution is handledand what happens to the overstock.

oh me too! lol

I've enjoyed some profit flipping a couple portland 2nd prints. so i can't complain too much but I'm sure i have overpaid for a couple too :P

At the Philly WW 2 years ago it was reported that by the 2nd day they realized the amount they printed wasn't going to be enough and they had the printing press onsite to make more copies to last through the weekend. I'd heard that from a few different people.

Also when you hit the convention floor there were several people standing there with signs saying "Sell your WD #1 now for $10" and they had stacks of them

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :

190215153153zj1qhr3oyn.jpg

YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DO REALISE THESE TRADE COVERS CONNECT????

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

(seriously love it but I hope you never never see an image of them connected that would be bad news for your wallet)

lol

charlie-arlads-zombie-comic-book-2.jpg

^ I'm right there with ya. Have all 2014s cgc 9.8... now to start these new ones but have learned to be patient, let the people overpay at the start and sit back to scoop em up haha

a friend of mine was at the new orleans con and simply asked people for theres who really have no want or need for em.. he ended up getting over 20 sets and made a decent amount at $50 a set on eBay.

Trust me you are not to far behind in a couple years for what you paid as well. :makepoint:

Expect to lose at least 50% of your $.