• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Wizard World Raleigh (Dean Haspiel)

the-walking-dead-1-wizard-world-comic-con-raleigh-exclusive-variant-cover-by-dean-haspiel-2.jpg

the-walking-dead-1-wizard-world-comic-con-raleigh-vip-exclusive-variant-sketch-cover-by-dean-haspiel-2.jpg

wtf is this thing? Looks horrible to me...

+1

I mean really? Seriously? It's not that the art is bad but what were they thinking when approving this 'scene?' I'm not necessarily hatin' on Gabriel but if they're not giving away something from an upcoming storyline then this just seems way too random to devote a cover to.

I actually like the cover a lot. It's cartoonishness is a big refreshing contrast to the gritty (yet again) covers with Rick (yet again) or Michonne (yet again) emasculating themselves or the artist (yet again). It may pique the interest of the casual non-WD fan at WW with the questions of who is the preacher, why the mask (nevermind what the mask's made of) and what is going on currently. These folks may then buy buy more WDs which, I would think, is one of the goals with these covers.

Top of my head, my favorite issue 100 cover was the Quitely with big hair grandma for some of these same reasons above and favorite WW was Tedesco with dark orange and Rick as kind of a gunfighter.

I would love to see Skottie Young do a cover with Shiva and Ezekiel as Calvin and Hobbes.

I agree with you on the WW TWD #1 Tedesco and TWD #100 Quietly covers as they were some of my favorites too. However I don't like the WW TWD #1 Haspiel cover at all and it has nothing to do with it being cartoonish, because I like Guillory's WW TWD #1 and Giarrusso's #103, which are cartoonish too.

That is one butt fugly sad looking cover!

Wondering which artist is doing the Philly WW. Arthur Suydam, Neal Adams and Mike Zeck are attending so maybe one of them? Whoever it is, I'm hoping for a Negan with a bloody Lucille pic

I like most of the covers.... Just seems to far off for me in how I like to see the WD. Maybe if the artist would talk about how they got their ideals it would help. It bothers me to think about how many of these artist may not even read the book. It feels a little disconnected from the hardcore WD comic fans. But if its to get new readers so be it.

I wish i could dream as hard as these people....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-1-KIRKMAN-MOORE-ZOMBIES-2012-SPANISH-PERUVIAN-1ST-PRINT-GRIMES-/360933937472?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540956d140

and 5 watchers... i hope just to see if someone falls for this book.

At least the description is true........

I wish i could dream as hard as these people....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-1-KIRKMAN-MOORE-ZOMBIES-2012-SPANISH-PERUVIAN-1ST-PRINT-GRIMES-/360933937472?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540956d140

and 5 watchers... i hope just to see if someone falls for this book.

At least the description is true........

I'm thinking of asking the seller if this price is for one copy or like 35 of them. lol

It's a stellar page!

I mean what page???? SHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can't wait to add it to the collection :wishluck: