• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

not sure if any of you guys are on instagram... maybe noticed a lot of comic raffles going on there.

I have done two recently myself, but have been throwing out the idea of a BIG one.

I would be raffling off my Walking Dead #1 white label CGC 9.8ss with four sigs.. Kirkman, moore, bernthal and holden. There would also be a 2nd place and 3rd place and throwing around the idea of 35 spots at $100 each.. Got about 15 people interested at the moment but figured you're the walking dead guys and maybe you are on Facebook or instagram and are up for a gamble. :P

Instagram, FB, G+. I'm so out of the loop outside of here.

How are those monitored to know without a shadow of doubt that the "winner" is not just a friend of the individual holding the raffle and not later sold and profits split or something?

In no way am I thinking you would do such a thing. Just wondering if it is all on the up and up from other auction holders.

I'm out of the loop too lol We are fine right here........but I would have to say I was kind of bummed hearing all the groups on FB. If I didn't need to make an account I would check out the WD groups. I don't even go on the official WD web page....Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out/

Edit: everyone here is a valuable resource and my collection would be nothing if I had not found this site...So many,many,many old-timers helped me, that were here way before me. To all that have helped :foryou: with out you I would have nothing, except more money :facepalm:

And help from you, as well. :)

And that's why we're a collecting community! :whee:

Pretty random question: Splashpage is going to be at NYCC, do they also sell OA at the convention? I know that they always bring tons of OA but Im not sure if they also sell it there.
Yes. They sell it.

Yes Mark sells OA at cons. And will be selling at NYCC. I can't wait till Nycc

Awesome! Thank you!

Can´t wait!!

What OA are you looking to buy?

I recently got an OA from Mark, a page of issue #130 and I literally love it lol However, I don't know how to store it :eek:

I do not own any OA yet, so I have no idea what to buy first... Feel like a kid in a huge candy store when I'm om their website?

That's so cool Phil!! I think I want to do that to my 112 page. hm

Speaking of WD, I have a serious question.

Do you guys think that if FTWD (fear the walking dead) fails it will hurt the franchise on TV, not the comic?

Thoughts?

edit: Phil what's the process of how you did that? Did you photo copy from the trades, then cut it out yourself? Thanks

Edited by retrothecollector

A) it won't " fail "

B) even if if isn't as good as we want it to be ( like true detective season 2 ) , I think once Rick and co. Start again in October people will forget " fear "

C) its only 6 episodes. Hart to measure success with that little.

#hotrage :headbang:

( it's been a while )