• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Just read 146.

Solid meh issue. I understand the need for plot development, but boy these last two issues have been slow.

Well…if they all were as crazy as 144 there wouldn't be many issues left. We'd be down to just walkers…and after a while that would just be boring. Seeing them just wander around and stuff... :taptaptap:

Sometimes exposition is necessary for further plot development! :idea:

Just read 146.

Solid meh issue. I understand the need for plot development, but boy these last two issues have been slow.

Well…if they all were as crazy as 144 there wouldn't be many issues left. We'd be down to just walkers…and after a while that would just be boring. Seeing them just wander around and stuff... :taptaptap:

Comic about walkers just walking around? hm

Just read 146.

... I understand the need for plot development

Yes, plot development. I get that.

I simply meant that us monthly readers have it hard when the new issue is comprised of mostly splash pages with no dialogue. lol And then when there is dialogue, the characters sound stiff.

I was trying to think of why I'm not as interested in the story as I was for the first say, 70 issues or so, and I think I figured it out. Earlier on in the series each character would talk in a manner that really distinguished them self from others. Like Axel's "you follow me?", or Hershel always talking about his faith in god, or Lori's constant btching.

I feel there is less of this now. Maybe some characters peaked and got too untouchable? And Rick's behavior is so inconsistent. Even down to how he talks. He's overly arrogant in situations where he has no power, and then talks like a frightened child in situations where he does have power. I'm feeling like we lost the Rick Grimes we knew as soon as he got to Alexandria and then some psyudo Rick Grimes took over for him, did an okay job, but couldn't quite live up to his predecessor. 2c