• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

not sure if any of you guys are on instagram... maybe noticed a lot of comic raffles going on there.

I have done two recently myself, but have been throwing out the idea of a BIG one.

I would be raffling off my Walking Dead #1 white label CGC 9.8ss with four sigs.. Kirkman, moore, bernthal and holden. There would also be a 2nd place and 3rd place and throwing around the idea of 35 spots at $100 each.. Got about 15 people interested at the moment but figured you're the walking dead guys and maybe you are on Facebook or instagram and are up for a gamble. :P

:sorry: I don't do all that....this place sucks the life out of me as it is. Fact of the matter I need to cut back here. When I start to feel the need to get in the middle of heated discussions that have nothing to do with me or comics..it's time to slow my collecting down. Plus not sure what kind of raffle or auction that is.... But best of luck :wishluck:

:sorry: I don't do all that....this place sucks the life out of me as it is. Fact of the matter I need to cut back here. When I start to feel the need to get in the middle of heated discussions that have nothing to do with me or comics..it's time to slow my collecting down. Plus not sure what kind of raffle or auction that is.... But best of luck :wishluck:

Everything is better in moderation..

But we all succumb to the darkness from time to time. It's what makes us human! :cry:

not sure if any of you guys are on instagram... maybe noticed a lot of comic raffles going on there.

I have done two recently myself, but have been throwing out the idea of a BIG one.

I would be raffling off my Walking Dead #1 white label CGC 9.8ss with four sigs.. Kirkman, moore, bernthal and holden. There would also be a 2nd place and 3rd place and throwing around the idea of 35 spots at $100 each.. Got about 15 people interested at the moment but figured you're the walking dead guys and maybe you are on Facebook or instagram and are up for a gamble. :P

Instagram, FB, G+. I'm so out of the loop outside of here.

How are those monitored to know without a shadow of doubt that the "winner" is not just a friend of the individual holding the raffle and not later sold and profits split or something?

In no way am I thinking you would do such a thing. Just wondering if it is all on the up and up from other auction holders.

But we all succumb to the darkness from time to time. It's what makes us human! :cry:

Yeah right.....btw nice page. Looks awesome, I'm not big on the word bubbles but It came out nice.I actually prefer not to have them.But I don't collect the older art so I have no worries .

How are those monitored to know without a shadow of doubt that the "winner" is not just a friend of the individual holding the raffle and not later sold and profits split or something?

In no way am I thinking you would do such a thing. Just wondering if it is all on the up and up from other auction holders.

my plan would be to film the whole thing, from writing names down on the papers, to folding em and placing in a bowl and drawing them. Making it so theres no doubts or suspicions. Probably posting it on youtube for everyone to see since instagram only allows 15 second videos, not much time to do anything and make it legit.

also i promise i don't know magic, so no slight of hand or anything will be happening :P

or maybe i can rent out my local cable channel and do it like a lottery draw, with the like air machine that spits out numbers and a hot blond standing there... lol

Yeah right.....btw nice page. Looks awesome, I'm not big on the word bubbles but It came out nice.I actually prefer not to have them.But I don't collect the older art so I have no worries .

Thanks man!

I just remember ordering my first few pages from splashpageart years ago, and when I opened up the box to see the art I thought I got screwed! lol

I think the text balloons can help some pages out (you'll see when I post the next page I finish), but for some pages there is no added benefit.

I'm intrigued, I honestly no nothing about what goes on in sites like those. Apparently I like to gamble since one anniversary box should have been enough.

I know some use a site that generates winners of auctions. May be useful to you to look into that as well.

I'm intrigued, I honestly no nothing about what goes on in sites like those. Apparently I like to gamble since one anniversary box should have been enough.

I know some use a site that generates winners of auctions. May be useful to you to look into that as well.

yes my last smaller raffle i did on there for 3 walking dead slabs i used one of the sites where i throw the list of participants in, click enter and it spits out a random name from the list. I can see people saying that can be rigged as well, so trying to be as open and thorough as possible

I'm out of the loop too lol We are fine right here........but I would have to say I was kind of bummed hearing all the groups on FB. If I didn't need to make an account I would check out the WD groups. I don't even go on the official WD web page....Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out/

Edit: everyone here is a valuable resource and my collection would be nothing if I had not found this site...So many,many,many old-timers helped me, that were here way before me. To all that have helped :foryou: with out you I would have nothing, except more money :facepalm:

Edited by James J

I'm out of the loop too lol We are fine right here........but I would have to say I was kind of bummed hearing all the groups on FB. If I didn't need to make an account I would check out the WD groups. I don't even go on the official WD web page....Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out/

Edit: everyone here is a valuable resource and my collection would be nothing if I had not found this site...So many,many,many old-timers helped me, that were here way before me. To all that have helped :foryou: with out you I would have nothing, except more money :facepalm:

I feel the exact same as James. Especially the "more money" comment. lol