• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

were there 2nd prints (or 3rd prints if you consider the weekly the 2nd print) of any of the Walking Dead Weeklys?

Do the weeklies have the legs to make them worthwhile to grab them when found (cover price). I found 2 of each of 1, 19 & 27 today, nice copies. I could have grabbed the complete run was wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

Only hope for those who don't want to drop series coin on a true 1st (not counting the image first).

The Weekly series, which reprint the original run to issue 52, are not really second prints, per say. There are only 6 true second prints of the original release, 2, 7, 8, 33, 34, and 50. I think the unusually high prices seen on those particular Weekly issues, won't justify grading in the long run. 1, 19, and 27 may see decent prices later on, but most issues will eventually dump 2c

I know most people in the know, do not care for the Weekly series, and most avoided it. It was Kirkman milking the series, and it detracts from the original release. If you can get the mentioned issues in 9.8 raw, at cover price, I think money will be decent for the time being. Problem is, they are mostly abused. I'm about 3 issues short of a complete Weekly 9.8 set, and it is getting harder and harder to find gradeable material :(

Yeah I only picked up copies of #19 of the weekly.

I can say I just scored a nice run of WD books for $150 shipped and received today.

Issues 17-29. :)

Had doubts if the person would actually ship or not but have them in hand. Damn person did a kind of poor job packaging them, they were suppose to be NM (but we know how that is with sellers). Well hell most of them look like they were indeed NM almost 9.8 before the poor shipping job. Thankfully the 27 is untouched and the best of the bunch solid 9.8 I think (No spine ticks or wear, corners are all sharp no fingerprints, smudges, etc.) but the #19 looks like it took a small 1 MM hit to the bottom corner on the spine. The book is otherwise also flawless. Pretty sure this was from packaging since half the books have the same damage but this #19 is probably still a 9.4 or 9.6, hell maybe pressable back to a 9.8.

Now I should get another similar run of raw WD books for a similar price delivered tomorrow or Friday.

were there 2nd prints (or 3rd prints if you consider the weekly the 2nd print) of any of the Walking Dead Weeklys?

Do the weeklies have the legs to make them worthwhile to grab them when found (cover price). I found 2 of each of 1, 19 & 27 today, nice copies. I could have grabbed the complete run was wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

Only hope for those who don't want to drop series coin on a true 1st (not counting the image first).

Those particular issues are good ones.

I'm convinced that what is happening is non-comic collectors are wanting to collect the series after seeing the show and/or possibly reading the trades. Then when they see the prices on some of the issues, they settle for the weeklies.

Edited by 400yrs

Small timer. ;)

You should hire me to hustle for ya. lol

I am really good at searching out for people who are desperate for money and need to sell ASAP. Sucks I took such a big paycut at work this year and that the wifey is still unemployed because otherwise I think I could line up 3 to 6 purchases like this each week with almost zero effort. Just need to get a little cash flow going again so I can start buying and selling in some volume. The wife won't let me touch our savings or what she calls legit investments to get some cash together for a few months to do this.

Shoot me a PM. :)

Haha. Actually I should be okay, just need to move these #19s and other issues picked up this week and roll with the money from there.

I did the same thing last year with MTG cards buying my first collection for about $200, selling it for about a grand and then rolling through $33K in sales for the calendar year.

You don't happen to have a #2 1st printing in 9.6 for sale do you?

I was mentioning it because there must be more.

I know, she posted about this on twitter earlier today.

I believe they have a CGC 9.9 SS with sketch

Last I heard, they had two 9.9 copies with sketches that haven't been offered for sale yet.