• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sketch prices?..

21 posts in this topic

Where can I find out how much people charge for sketches be it full body or something simple like a head sketch?.. I am going to the sdcc and there are a few guys I am wondering about like

jim lee

&

Gene Colan

to start <3

I am also wondering how some of them do sketches... I Know some guys like ross & tim sale if you come in and are lucky enough to get there soon enough you get a number and a rough time frame of when you're sketch will be started But everyone does things a different way

Gene's been pretty sick, so I don't know if he'll be getting out much more. There's some info over in the OA section. The advice I received (as I'm "hoping" to it the Baltimore Con) was to go to the Artist's Alley ASAP to get numbers / sign up for the sketches. THEN go do whatever else you like (buy books, people watch, etc).

Where can I find out how much people charge for sketches be it full body or something simple like a head sketch?.. I am going to the sdcc and there are a few guys I am wondering about like

jim lee

&

Gene Colan

to start <3

I am also wondering how some of them do sketches... I Know some guys like ross & tim sale if you come in and are lucky enough to get there soon enough you get a number and a rough time frame of when you're sketch will be started But everyone does things a different way

Jim Lee doesn't charge for sketches I think. He used to see it as a courtesy and a thank you for the fans.

http://groups.msn.com/artofjimlee/jimssketchingscenarios1.msnw

wow even full body stuff?.. thats great if true his line will most likely be huge then! :S I Guess that rules out getting a full body sketch from him though right?.. :S

i.e. Tim Vigil will do a magazine sized 3/4 body pencil sketch for about $30-35: your choice of character in costume or nude, semi-nude. He will ink the drawing plus throw in a more detailed background for a total of about $60. Just get on his sketch list early.

Jim Lee will sometimes show up unannounced at the last 1 hr of a major USA comicon (like NYC) to do sketches at the Wildstorm or DC booth. An instant line up will form once fans realize "The Master" hath arrived to do quick pencil sketches on backing boards, etc.

MacMan's right wrong. Make a list of everyone you want a sketch and make the your first stop. Spend an hours getting on everyone's list then go do your shopping. Go do all your shopping first then wait until the very last minute to get your sketches... after I'm done. :P

MacMan's right wrong. Make a list of everyone you want a sketch and make the your first stop. Spend an hours getting on everyone's list then go do your shopping. Go do all your shopping first then wait until the very last minute to get your sketches... after I'm done. :P

^^

Anyways I googled & gene had a website so I emailed about sketch prices & such & yes he won't be at sdcc but hopefully he gets better :D

"

Terribly sorry. Gene is very sick and won't be able to attend.

Best,

Adrienne for Gene

"

anyways the next one on my list I am wondering about is Sergio Aragones , Groo :cloud9:

Sergio will have your Groo finished before you finish asking the following: "Sergio, great to see you. How much do you charge for a Groo?"

He's not usually set up in artist's alley. Usually, he's hanging out with Scott Shaw! in the middle of the convention center toward the back wall.

anyone know anything about this guy " Jay Anacleto HH-15" ?..

mainly how much he charges for sketch? Looking around seems like he does good art

Also Mark Brooks

Does Marc Silvestri or Micheal Turner charge for sketches (shrug)

Can someone give any info on this.

Yes, Mike Turner charges for detailed head sketches of say Wolverine or Moon Knight. Around $50(?) but get to his sketch list quick, as it fills up quickly.

Am I missing something here? These can't be jokes so I'm guessing that some didn't hear the sad news.

Does Marc Silvestri or Micheal Turner charge for sketches (shrug)

Can someone give any info on this.

Yes, Mike Turner charges for detailed head sketches of say Wolverine or Moon Knight. Around $50(?) but get to his sketch list quick, as it fills up quickly.

Am I missing something here? These can't be jokes so I'm guessing that some didn't hear the sad news.

Well, the original posts were in May :gossip:

Also Mark Brooks

Mark Brooks will probably charge $75-$100 for a nice sketch. The biggest problem is he is as sloooooooooow as Christmas. If you are one of the first 3 or 4 people on his list you will probably get a sketch. Otherwise, it's a crapshoot.

I knew I was missing something.

always a good idea to check the post dates ;) yeah I was actaully unsure about bumping this one up because of those questions but at the same time I figure why start a new topic ? :S

Also Mark Brooks

Mark Brooks will probably charge $75-$100 for a nice sketch. The biggest problem is he is as soooooooooown as Christmas. If you are one of the first 3 or 4 people on his list you will probably get a sketch. Otherwise, it's a crapshoot.

Thanks for the info man, really only 4 people ?... like a day or for the entire convention heh?.. wow does anyone have any sketches done by mark brooks so I can get an idea of the quality?.. sounds a wee bit pricey for someone thats not been around too long... at least compared to other guys out there

Now I just need to find out more about this guy :)

Jay Anacleto HH-15

hm sd page still have Gene Colan/ Dave Gutierrez AA-17 up as a guest I wonder whats up with that .... you would think they would have changed that by now eh?