• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay related stuff.

Ebay forum?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Ebay forum?

230 posts in this topic

G, I never said that I felt "all comic people are 130 pound geeks". Go back and read what I said in it's ENTIRETY (God!, why does everybody do this...read every other word and then quote from it incorrectly?). What I said was that I'M being CONFUSED for a 130lb. comic-dealer (Dupcheck) and THAT'S ALOT of confusing. And I don't actually recall threatening anyone with violence. That's not my way. Please quote me where I did. What I said, and I'll synopsize, is that if you are going to hurl epithets of cowardice, don't do it from behind a monitor, do it up close and personal and then let the chips fall where they may. It's also dangerous to call people cowards and ignorant S**T-heads. Are THEY serious? If they are willing to take the next step, who am I to suggest they don't. I'd have to say, "Go for it", I'd NEVER back away from a confrontation, especially with a bully. And as far as completely unwarranted G., have you read some of the things levied against ME in these posts, and why? How dare I not just stand there and let everyone kick the S**T out of Matt Stanley, someone I like and respect and then try to wipe their feet on him and not say a word!! What nerve I had!!

"Feeble" Methuselah

Just to slow the flow of disinformation, there wasn't one national dealer who told me the story on you--it was over a dozen. And the one who told me some of the details I've listed here doesn't live in New York. Name a national dealer or two who knows you, and I'll be more than willing to talk to them and spread their word if they seem unbiased.

I've been reading this post for a while now and all I see is that comic-keys is a crook. I for one will dontate $10 to the CGC express fees that supapimp will have to pay if he wins that TOS #49. I suggest some others do the same. We will then post a scan of the trimmed and color touched comic and all have a good laught at this jerks expense. Well worth the $10 to me how about you?

Have a goood week everyone but comic keys,

Ericc123

I have never posted on this Board before, and I do so only now because I believe that Ebay should police their site more. In regards to Matt Stanley (SilverAge-Fan). he was the high bidder on my ASM 39 & 40 (CGC 9.6). Immediately after the auction he emailed me stating he did not mean to bid that amount, and would I take less? After six weeks of endless email excuses I simply asked him to give me a simple 'yes' or 'no' on the books (it was $8600 I believe). He emailed me back and called me "pushy" (I still have all his emails if there are doubters among you). He told me after seven weeks that he had sent me a cheque. Naturally I never actually got one. When I broached him on it (now 2 months after auction) he told me it " must have been lost in the mail " .

Might I point out that during this time I received countless emails from other high-grade sellers with similar Matt Stanley experiences. 'Silverage-Fan was his second if not third user ID, the one before being de-registered by Ebay.

To finish my story, after two months I finally told him that I would collect my Ebay commission by registering him as a non-payer. By this time he had been kicked off a second time as three other Ebay users had registered him prior to me.

It really is only a matter of time until he gets up to his old tricks with his 3rd (or 4th) user ID of top_notch. Might I point out that I have already received at least six emails from high grade Ebay sellers warning me of his new ID.

I know he may refute this with a catalogue of lies, as I read his earlier large posting and he has not changed.

I write this posting for no other motive than to tell you verbatem a true experience, and I have to tell you also that a number of trusted Ebay users are currently emailing Safe Harbour complaining about someone who has been kicked off twice because of dubious methods being allowed to trade again.

n8k@kingston.net

Eric, You can "see that Comic-Keys is a crook". How can you "See" this? Can you see in my home undetectedly? Have you had me under 24-hour surveillance without my knowing it? For any of the 2 years that I've been selling on Ebay? Or are you simply going by, relying on the unsubstantiated banter of the posters attacking me not simply on materials but on personal issues as well, the same way that Rudd relied on A&E crime shows and Law&Order for his formal education and "Wheaties Box" Degree as a Criminal Psychologist? Is it the TOS 49? Everyone else here already has pegged the book as restored, FROM A SCAN!! , so I would imagine in your eyes as well, the book is guilty until proven innocent as well as the seller. Is that why you "can see that Comic-Keys is a crook". By the way Eric, can you give me the definitions of dontate, laught, and goood? I can assure you that I'm laughing even harder sitting ringside as you wrestle with your own brain cells and the English language trying your best to compose a post to slam me. Look out Eric, they have you in the Figure four leg lock... Also: Why doesn't SupaPimp (wait....wait....Super Pimp...PLEASE! You're killing me) with all his vast resources just make me an offer on it I can't refuse. Overwhelm me and I'll end the auction? After all, he DOES have all those fine ladies laying the dough at his feet. What's so sweating about a few 'K' here and there to a Pimp (as if a pimp would be more interested in F*****G 420 ladies than he would in just taking their money)? I wasn't aware that California State Law now mandated that all pimps moonlight as bartenders. I know it's been in the Pimp's Union Rule-book for years, but had been mostly unenforced!

-"Feeble" Methuselah

Yes,

This information is true.

I bid on these two beautiful ASM 39 and 40 in both CGC 9.6 during the final minutes of the auctions closing.

Believe it or not I was bidding in $100 increments and miskeyed in $7500 inplace of $5700 in tne last few minutes of auctions closing.

It was a very stupid but honest mistake. I immediately contacted the seller and advised hime of the problem, he was less than pleased.

I know of the books impending value and during my attempted acquisition of the funds I did string this seller along.

My apologies were given then and are given now.

What else can I do for you? Say a payment of the lost final value fees?

All the best

M

Will even one dealer who knew Dupchek vouch for you?

Mark Wilson. You keep mentioning his name, but I never asked him about you. Should I even bother asking?

• Administrator

Last shot buddy. Register. It's a simple request quickly becoming more than a request. If I see one more anonymous post by you, I'll remove your presence. If you can't manage to leave physical blustering out of your posts, I'll remove your presence. If you attempt to respond to me with some kind of ridiculous twist of logic to try and convince me that you're not just trolling, I'll remove your presence.

Who knows, maybe you'll be happier off somewhere away from these boards after I ban you. You seem to have alot of angst around here. Your alternative is to register yourself and settle down. And it's a quickly evaporating alternative.

Architecht.

Comic-keys, Dan, whatever alias you have. Since you seem to be so vested in precisely what people say, I thought I'd mention that not EVERYONE on this board KNOWS youre a cheat. I personally dont KNOW you are one, but based on all the negative press from this board and from others in the hobby.. I will just avoid the unknown and not do business with you. Sounds fair right? I mean every rumor starts with some sort of fact.

Brian

I WILL register for my next post, which will HOPEFULLY be about COMIC issues, if it's not just so that you can "Excommunicate" me once I do. I'm surprised that as a FELLOW Martial Artist, study with Frank Ryan, Muay-Thai study with PudPod "Golden Foot" Wooruwoot, and further study with the Gracies, you would applaud the efforts of an individual under attack against overwhelming odds to defend himself. I DO realize that it's everyone's wishes here to keep levying charges and insults at a person unchallenged, without them being present to give their viewpoint and fill in the missing facts with their own versions of rumours, and you MUST bend to their will so I harbor absolutely no grudge and completely understand. You HAVE to bar me so they can all tar and feather a "mute".

-"Feeble" Methuselah

Brian,

I don't think it's in the quality of the scanner. I have an "old" (3 years old) HP Scanjet 3400C (only ran about $140 new at that time, though it's probably been upgraded a few times and replaced by a new modeled in the HP catalog). It came with Corel software. My actual scanning time is enormous as it is the single most important part of presenting a book to a potential buyer that is interested in acquisition but can't be there to view it in person. I start with a basic scan and after framing/centering the image accordingly and having picked out a color of the background (paper from an art store) that will best let the edges of the comic be seen in bold relief, color-wise in contrast, send it right to the photoshop. I place the book itself, after the initial scanning, right next to the monitor on a music stand for direct comparison to the image of it that I will see on the screen. That's where the time comsuming part of the process begins and why I can only present a limited amount of books for Ebay auctions given daily time constraints. First consideration: are any borders of the book crossing (not completely parallel to) the lines of resolution (pixel lines) of the scanner? Should it be rescanned if this is occurring? Sometimes if a book is cut at an angle (and most Marvels are at minute levels) you CAN'T position the book properly, 0 degrees both vertical and horizontal (no tilt). This must be determined before proceeding or the edges will NOT have the cleanest look possible, echoing the image of the book itself if this step isn't taken. As the edges cross pixel lines, if due to not being perfectly positioned horizontal to and vertical to the pixel lines, fuzziness will be noticed at the crossing points that AREN'T on the book-in-hand, corners may look fuzzy and dinged even if square, etc! Once you've done your best to eliminate any tilt whatsoever, the rest of the presentation is in the element controls, the parametric controls of the software. NEVER touch color settings or the image will look artificial. Center your efforts on using the contrast, sharpness, compression, and SIZE (the finished product should be approx. 110KB to 150KB), noting with each SUBTLE adjustment exactly what effect they have on the image on your screen IN RELATION TO THE ACTUAL ITEM NEXT TO YOUR SCREEN. Your goal is to reproduce on the screen exactly what you see on the stand next to it. You WANT flaws to stand out just as much as you wish to capture the inherent BEAUTY of the book, it's strengths, in that way it isn't a "many happy returns" when the buyer receives it. Now, here's the bad news: Sometimes, you've taken all appropriate steps, the image on the screen is a doppelganger of the book positioned next to it and you FTP it to Ebay or your online storage site and when the image pops up on your auction........EVERYTHING LOOKS DIFFERENT! That's OK. You re-adjust. Back to the photoshop and simply start by fixing the things you think went wrong. Overcompensate slightly because after all, you're NOT seeing the finished product until AFTER the adjustments are made once FTPed to Ebay (just as you would if your gun were shooting "high...you'd aim appropriately "below" your bullseye). If the reds, after being FTPed, although they looked GREAT on your finished file scan, now look granular on your FTPed image to Ebay, try cutting back on the contrast if you upped it a few points in the first place. Or it may be a compression problem. You'll find that HOTTER colors, that is, bright colors of multi layered printing benday screen matrix tones, FTP differently than pastels, blacks and whites. Practice makes perfect and to get the scans perfected, matching the book in stark realism, be prepared to spend some serious time doing so!!!

-"Feeble" Methuselah