• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOKS STOLEN AT MOTOR CITY CON DETROIT

83 posts in this topic

Awww, shoot. I knew the deal was too good to be true. :frustrated: He told me it was an attic find in an old chest and the books likely belonged to his grandfather who died a few years ago. No one had gone up there since 1987. This is not good. :(

did you pick up the books Mark?

That looks like 7 out of the 9?

Is Mark serious? I'm going to assume those books are worth a lot more than $120...

I would have paid at least $150. :cloud9:

Where they sold to you by this guy?

:whistle:

58291-royBOARDS.jpg

Say, who is the guy on the right, looks familiar...

at my first con, I was ripped for about 10 VF issues of Rip Hunter, best of the bunch, and I know who did it, he kept coming up to me and looking at the books, then the final looksee he brings a small stack and sets them on top of some of mine, the old lift trick! and that was a dealer!

Ah yes conventions aren' they wonderful? had several books ripped sunday may 17.

i will put up scans later....as i learn to do it!!

all are CGC'd

all star 6 apparent 5.0

detective 79 cgc 5.0

batman 60 3.5 palo alto collection

batman 70 5.0

marvel mystery 35 apparent 8.0

marvel mystery 71 7.0

loonie tunes 1 3.0

superboy1 apparent 8.0

shield wizard 6 apparent 9.0

Sorry to hear this Jamie

I hope you get them back

There wasn't anybody named Monty Montgomery walking around the show on Sunday? :baiting: was there? lol

58291-royBOARDS.jpg

Is that Stephen Ritter and Matt Nelson? When was the picture taken? There is a book on the display rack that I would like to purchase...

:gossip: Make that books

Say, who is the guy on the right, looks familiar...

at my first con, I was ripped for about 10 VF issues of Rip Hunter, best of the bunch, and I know who did it, he kept coming up to me and looking at the books, then the final looksee he brings a small stack and sets them on top of some of mine, the old lift trick! and that was a dealer!

That's me in the pic lifting the book and I can tell you with certainty that Stephen Ritter (the dealer) did not lift your books. He's solid. HE's just retiring from the military and going into comics full time.

R.