• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOKS STOLEN AT MOTOR CITY CON DETROIT

83 posts in this topic

I would have paid at least $150. :cloud9:

Where they sold to you by this guy?

:whistle:

58291-royBOARDS.jpg

Definitely back alley types.

I think I bought a few books out of the back of old station wagons from guys who looked like this.

No the guy boosting the book in this picture is Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction.

2c_2007.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>_2007.jpg'>

I can remember when people used to BUY books from conventions. doh!

There sure does seem to be alot of this going on.Does anyone think maybe it can be connected somehow?

Yes. It is all connected by gas prices...

Cost of living goes up = crime goes up. First petty crime and then violent crime.

Jamie,

Sorry to hear about the theft. I totally know how it feels to lose some great GA books. Hope CGC is on the lookout for any new slab requests for this batch of comics to come in.

Brian

Ah yes conventions aren' they wonderful? had several books ripped sunday may 17.

i will put up scans later....as i learn to do it!!

all are CGC'd

all star 6 apparent 5.0

detective 79 cgc 5.0

batman 60 3.5 palo alto collection

batman 70 5.0

marvel mystery 35 apparent 8.0

marvel mystery 71 7.0

loonie tunes 1 3.0

superboy1 apparent 8.0

shield wizard 6 apparent 9.0

what happened? did you ask Brad Savage to watch your booth??

:signfunny: :signfunny:

:roflmao: This show is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!

On a serious note - hope you get your books back Jamie! Post the serial numbers when you can.

What good will serials do if they are unslabbed after being stolen?? (other than possibly knowing what they look like if there are photos)

well it is,of course,my fault. i am responsible for my booth and my stuff. but you have to blame the playoffs. hockey. (just kidding.)

i left the booth to plug in my computer as the battery was fading. i have a slingbox and we were watching the game. i left between periods. i was never out of eye shot but things happen fast especially if when someone has targeted those books to begin with.

they had to reach over the table which was a long box of comics....27 inches long. then my cgc boxes were behind that which means they had to have a reach of 27 inches plus the distance of a plastic magazine box. add in the height of the boxes on the table and it means you had to be about 6 feet to get that reach.

they couldn't reach all the books.

so the first period ended around 3.40 and i noticed them missing about 20 minutes later. i originally thought two buddies of mine where going to stay at the booth but they had left also.

i want to thank you guys for the support and i hope we can get these guys. it had to be two people. one needed as a look out i feel.

i want to mention that stating in a post that someone is responsible for his own stuff and that i should have had more help ,while true is, stating the obvious. and i am not sure that post is being very helpful at this point. i am hoping these crooks try to sell on ebay or call one of you guys directly.

and mentioning that they will could crack them out is true especially if they see their path to sell them on ebay blocked. what will hurt them is if they keep the group together. and how many Loonie Tunes #1 do you see nowadays? or restored marvel mystery 35's?

also poor steven ritter lost two books also.

i hope i didn't offend anyone with my policy of only handing a couple books at a time to view but if i have two people looking at books from the wall it gets tough keeping track especially with questions and all that goes on.

so basically i was a good boy and stayed at my booth all three days except a short time on sunday. and they didn't grab any silver age which was right next to the gold.

mark posted the pix for me (thanks mark!!) but we can't read the numbers on all but two. maybe cgc can get me those numbers.

what can i say. i goofed. but i don't want to treat everyone i don't know like a potential crook but it looks like i have to.

hey,if you guys come up and identify yourselves or say you are on the boards....then i have absolutely no problem letting you go through anything. so maybe we could start using real names on the boards too!?

i asked bill hughes to see if he had scans of the superboy and the loonie tunes 1. i will let you guys know if he can get me them.

again,thanks a bunch for the support. i may have missed some of the guys with my email. i think i missed richard (mr. bedrock). and what i need is some emails for the local stores in detroit.

well it is,of course,my fault. i am responsible for my booth and my stuff. but you have to blame the playoffs. hockey. (just kidding.)

i left the booth to plug in my computer as the battery was fading. i have a slingbox and we were watching the game. i left between periods. i was never out of eye shot but things happen fast especially if when someone has targeted those books to begin with.

Sorry to hear about the books. I know what you mean though, hockey can get in the way of alot of things. GO WINGS!

I'm telling you, there's a special place in Hell for comic book thieves! :devil: Getting ripped off sucks and I hope you are able to get your books back and catch the little :censored: who did it. Best of luck to you :wishluck:

Just in case the thief is not too savvy, if you can post the serials here we can be on the lookout for them in the event they turn up somewhere. I know it's unlikely but it's better than nothing. Sorry for your loss. I would almost be tempted to set up a video camera at my booth or two and put them on extended record just to deter the thieving spoontards.

hockey get in the way? no way!!

well comics and hockey..what else is there?

anyway i have some numbers of the missing books that we can't read from the scans provided by billy hughes (thanks bill!)

all star 6 0042318.001

detective 79 0042318.004 (THE NOTES SAY THERE IS A STICKER ON THE CENTERFOLD)

marvel mystery 35 0042318.005

loonie tunes 1 0042318.006

shield wizard 6 0042310.007 (yes it is correct)

again, thanks for your help and spread it around. anybody have emails for dealers in detroit please forward them!!

Sorry to hear about the stolen books. Can't blame a seller when books get stolen. The seller paid his way to the show, spent years building up his inventory, stood at his booth for the entire show. Some low life thieving crumb bum waited for a moment of distraction took what wasn't his.