• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put in a thrill bid on an AF #15 and won !!!

82 posts in this topic

Fast forward to Heritages auction of the Kylberg collection and another PLOD 9.0 shows up. I estimate in my head that it will crack about 10k but put a thrill bid in anyways. When I go to bed last night I'm the high bidder at $5500 but was expecting some floor bidding to trump me...it never came, my $5500 bid (plus BP)held up and I will be the proud and estatic owner of this book

The Great Crash! It's finally here! :o

Just kidding! Congratulations on a great pick up! (thumbs u

Congrats... wonderful copy...

It's sort of amazing that a restored copy at a 9.0 sells for such a fraction of what an unrestored copy goes for. Unbelievable.

I wholeheartedly agree. This book and the ASM #1 that Count grabbed are stunning. Here's to hoping it stays that way for a few more years until I can grab one. (thumbs u

That's a steal. You STOLE that book. Hope you can sleep at night.

:grin:

This reminds me of the 9.6 PLOD FFB almost got for 15K on C-Link. Anyone else remember that mess?

Congrats... wonderful copy...

It's sort of amazing that a restored copy at a 9.0 sells for such a fraction of what an unrestored copy goes for. Unbelievable.

Kinda puts how nutty this hobby is into perspective.

I don't think we'll be seeing these kinds of drastic discrepancies a decade from now, at least not on this book.

I don't think we'll be seeing these kinds of drastic discrepancies a decade from now, at least not on this book.

Sure we will. If anything, the discrepancy will be even greater. Quality versions of an item always appreciate at a faster rate than lower quality versions of the same item.

Sure we will. If anything, the discrepancy will be even greater. Quality versions of an item always appreciate at a faster rate than lower quality versions of the same item.

Awesome. Can't wait to get a 9.4 with some slight color touch for 2K. :cloud9:

While you've got that crystal ball fired up, can you tell me how many divorces I've got to look forward to? I'm guessing 4. :baiting:

Awesome. Can't wait to get a 9.4 with some slight color touch for 2K. :cloud9:

Hey newbie law student, you gotta pay attention to the fine print! :baiting: I said the gap would widen because unrestored books would appreciate more quickly, not because the value of restored books was going to go down. It's been the history of this hobby. NM and better books have always appreciated much more quickly than lower grade copies and restored copies. I see no reasons why this trend should change.

While you've got that crystal ball fired up, can you tell me how many divorces I've got to look forward to? I'm guessing 4. :baiting:

Nah, because that would imply you actually managed to convince 4 girls to marry you. :baiting:

Nah, because that would imply you actually managed to convince 4 girls to marry you. :baiting:

Harsh... but fair lol

:signfunny:

An excellent purchase...great bit of luck that no-one upped the bid. Although the GPA average is roughly what you paid (with the juice) the last purchase listed was 3 years ago, and things have obviously moved on that book since then.

Oh ya. Your pickup has to rate as the best pickup of the year so far ^^

...unless someone pick's up a copy for cover :wishluck:

But commenting in Tim's remark's.

Yes the price gap will get larger, but this book being in the upper eschelons of grades for this issue, will see a sizeable return if, and when you decide to sell, and will appreciate at rate proportinate to the universal copies.

It's simply a stunning copy, with very tolerable resto. (thumbs u