• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put in a thrill bid on an AF #15 and won !!!

82 posts in this topic

Hey newbie law student, you gotta pay attention to the fine print! I said the gap would widen because unrestored books would appreciate more quickly, not because the value of restored books was going to go down.

Dang Tim, got me there. I've got to stop posting at 4am. doh!

Nah, because that would imply you actually managed to convince 4 girls to marry you.

:roflmao:

That was good. I humbly accept defeat on that little exchange. :cry:

:acclaim:

Congrats on the nice pickup and at a very good price. I guess PLOD on SA books are still being overlooked on.

This was about 2 grand beyond my current budget funds...if I would've had the budget funds I would have snapped this one up in a heart-beat (now I just get to regret it for several years...) :frustrated:

Trmoore: Thanks for the compliment, and I agree that mine probably looks better but like Detective Kid mentioned earlier in this thread, the book with slight restoration goes for more of a premium as people can reverse the process and maybe snag a blue label 7.0 or so from a PLOD 9.0. Than the $30,000 asking price is more reasonable. As mine has been cleaned it is no longer reversible and I am forced to constantly look at one of the most eye pleasing copies in existence according to the census for the rest of my life :)

Jim

Trmoore: Thanks for the compliment, and I agree that mine probably looks better but like Detective Kid mentioned earlier in this thread, the book with slight restoration goes for more of a premium as people can reverse the process and maybe snag a blue label 7.0 or so from a PLOD 9.0. Than the $30,000 asking price is more reasonable. As mine has been cleaned it is no longer reversible and I am forced to constantly look at one of the most eye pleasing copies in existence according to the census for the rest of my life :)

Jim

lol