• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Ebay offers 15% off Final Value Fee if you ship FREE - LOL

23 posts in this topic

Upside - more FVF for EBay? More cheapo customers looking for deals?

If EBay would just get rid of the shipping profiteers, customers wouldn't complain about being reamed.. but that would take actual WORK and MANPOWER and keep the EBay drones from attending meetings all day and scarfing down donuts and coffee.

Actually, you could argue that this is encouraging sellers to "include" shipping fees in the price of the product..and they will also add the % taken by FVF.

I'm generally confused by this promotion. I agree JC...managing sellers would be more positive for the "eBay community"...but we've been screaming stuff like that since its existence. What good has it done us? hmmph.

The only up side is if the 15% that you would save would equal to more then the shipping cost where you would actually retain some money which tells me it would have to be a very expensive item you would have to sell.

The only up side is if the 15% that you would save would equal to more then the shipping cost where you would actually retain some money which tells me it would have to be a very expensive item you would have to sell.

Again reinforcing ebay's strategy of removing themselves of the small sellers.

this is to sucker in people like my wife who aren't good at doing math in their head.

so long as insurance could be a separate charge, this might work ok with a $1000 item or something along those lines.

then again, the "free" shipping could be media and then you charge whatever if they want it sent prioirty/first?

this is to sucker in people like my wife who aren't good at doing math in their head.

so long as insurance could be a separate charge, this might work ok with a $1000 item or something along those lines.

then again, the "free" shipping could be media and then you charge whatever if they want it sent prioirty/first?

E-Bay has squeezed out the small guy.

E-Bay has squeezed out the small guy.

they have a fibre rich diet.

There is no upside to that!!

Sure there is. If you deal in high grade slabs. This is obviously only beneficial to people selling high priced items but certainly is relevant to our hobby considering how many $1000+ slabs are sold on a regular basis.

Even at $1000 I don't see an upside :shrug:

Not looking at the percentages but.

Say the auction end at at $1000

FMF is 3% so in this case $30

Ebay give you a 15% off on the $30 so you get a discount of $4.50.

How much does it cost to ship a $1000 item?

Even at $1000 I don't see an upside :shrug:

Not looking at the percentages but.

Say the auction end at at $1000

FMF is 3% so in this case $30

Ebay give you a 15% off on the $30 so you get a discount of $4.50.

How much does it cost to ship a $1000 item?

Didn't ebay up the FVF to 7% recently? Could be wrong but if it is 7% and it costs about $10 to ship 3 slabs in a flat rate box do the math on $3K or more. Obviously the more expensive the books the better it works out. If you're selling a mid grade AF 15 for example you're getting a pretty good discount.