• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Rankings for Dealers

195 posts in this topic

Does any body have a good dealer opinion on the best dealers to get HG “raw” books from? :gossip:

Meaning 9.2 and above.

There are some great dealers out there, but some will just submit the best stuff to CGC and put the under copies out as “raw” for sale at the cons.

I have mine that I know, but I was just wondering everyone's else's opinion.

Dale Roberts is the first booth I look for in a show...

:gossip:

Dave Kapelka -- heard of him because of FK's recent purchases from him. How do I get in touch with him?

Did you get a reply ? I'd like his info also.

He is northcoastnostalgia on Ebay and he only sells at cons, ebay and through his stores in Ohio. No website. The con stock is different than the store stock so the better items are usually only found at cons...

R.

Dave Kapelka -- heard of him because of FK's recent purchases from him. How do I get in touch with him?

He is northcoastnostalgia on Ebay and he only sells at cons, ebay and through his stores in Ohio. No website. The con stock is different than the store stock so the better items are usually only found at cons...

R.

It sucks that he does not due the SDCC! :pullhair:

Does Jim Payette just not sell enough to make the list? I've spent a few thousand with him and always been very pleased with the grading and professionalism.

he is on my list (thumbs u

Does any body have a good dealer opinion on the best dealers to get HG “raw” books from? :gossip:

Meaning 9.2 and above.

There are some great dealers out there, but some will just submit the best stuff to CGC and put the under copies out as “raw” for sale at the cons.

No offense to Dale, but his prices are extremely steep ...

Meaning 9.2 and above.

Too broad of a brush, Danny. I have gotten some really good bulk deals on a couple of CGC groupings from Dale.

My Top 5 (not in order)

Pedigree

Bob Storms

Heritage

Comiclink

not sure on #5

This is only in my experiance, most other dealers just dont have the type of books I buy in grade....

Meaning 9.2 and above.

Hey if I saw a shifty looking kid like you approach my books I'd try to blow you off too.

:baiting:

Meaning 9.2 and above.

Too broad of a brush, Danny. I have gotten some really good bulk deals on a couple of CGC groupings from Dale.

Maybe so, but the stuff I've seen offered here had pretty healthy prices, and you know I'm not a cheapskate so that's saying something....

Meaning 9.2 and above.

Hey if I saw a shifty looking kid like you approach my books I'd try to blow you off too.

:baiting:

You should've seen the face on some dealer at the big apple show when I busted out my comic knowledge on him :acclaim:

R.

Thank you!

You should've seen the face on some dealer at the big apple show when I busted out my comic knowledge on him :acclaim:

Was he selling Sonic the Hedgehog or Strawberry Shortcake? hm

It was a Wolverine book. He tried to charge me some crazy amount like I was a sucka... :screwy:

Was he selling Sonic the Hedgehog or Strawberry Shortcake? hm

It was a Wolverine book. He tried to charge me some crazy amount like I was a sucka... :screwy:

Did you tell him your name was Steve Nelsen?

At the NY Comic Con, I looked through Dale Roberts stuff "Raw" and CGC books, and I only found one book "raw" on my want list that I needed, and his CGC books were well overpriced.

So at a first impression, Dale Roberts to me is not a go to dealer right off the bat.

Dave K. and Bob Storms to me are the fairest dealers I have ever dealt with, and off course Gary Platt.

I guess that depends on what you are looking for. I bought a few gems at Dale's booth. I thought prices were fair. He also had a collection of Matt Baker books that was almost completely gone within two cons.

I guess that depends on what you are looking for. I bought a few gems at Dale's booth. I thought prices were fair. He also had a collection of Matt Baker books that was almost completely gone within two cons.

Forgive me, but who was Matt Baker? (shrug)

doh!

doh!

Googletards of the world, unite!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Baker_%28artist%29