• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Rankings for Dealers

195 posts in this topic

I guess that depends on what you are looking for. I bought a few gems at Dale's booth. I thought prices were fair. He also had a collection of Matt Baker books that was almost completely gone within two cons.

Forgive me, but who was Matt Baker? (shrug)

doh!

Googletards of the world, unite!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Baker_%28artist%29

I see a Goldren age artist.

GA=John does not know not much.

SA-now= (thumbs u

Rather than ranking dealers, here are my top sources for comics:

1) CGC message boards

2) eBay

3) Comiclink

4) Heritage.

The vast majority of my books come from these sources. Add in a sprinkling of Metro, Superworld, Bob Storms, Harley, & Hake's.

I guess that depends on what you are looking for. I bought a few gems at Dale's booth. I thought prices were fair. He also had a collection of Matt Baker books that was almost completely gone within two cons.

doh!

SA-now= (thumbs u

One of the most desirable Good Girl Art artist there is.Dale had a stack of low grade copies of Baker books and they sold like hot cakes at $200+ a copy.

Don't feel bad...I didn't know much about him till recently but his work is terrific! Sort of like an old school Dave Stevens if that makes sense.

More stuff to spend money on, I suppose.

doh!

R.

Just by browsing and meeting them in person at NY Comic Con 2008, World-Wide comics seem to have an overall fairness in their CGC prices and I love talking with them.

I may not agree with all their prices but I am finding I will be buying alot more stuff from Steve and Matt then other dealers that sell HG slabed books.

Steve's prices on my want lists like the CAP's and ASM's are pretty nice in my opinion.

Well def be giving them a huge sale in the next week or so. :gossip:

doh!

SA-now= (thumbs u

One of the most desirable Good Girl Art artist there is.Dale had a stack of low grade copies of Baker books and they sold like hot cakes at $200+ a copy.

Don't feel bad...I didn't know much about him till recently but his work is terrific! Sort of like an old school Dave Stevens if that makes sense.

More stuff to spend money on, I suppose.

doh!

R.

(thumbs u

Rather than ranking dealers, here are my top sources for comics:

1) CGC message boards

2) eBay

3) Comiclink

4) Heritage.

The vast majority of my books come from these sources. Add in a sprinkling of Metro, Superworld, Bob Storms, Harley, & Hake's.

When buying GA for my collection, I have been using Ebay less and less. Most of my purchases in the past year or two have been from:

1) ComicLink

2) Heritage

3) Metropolis / ComicConnect

4) Harley Yee

5) Dave Anderson

6) CGC Boards

doh!

Phantom_Lady_17.jpg

stjohnteenagerom43.jpg

Avon-Saint-4-Comic-1948-799196.jpg

baker,m_phantom_lady48feb.jpg

alltop008.jpg

Sorry to me while I def do appreciate the art, I never really knew who he was because I am not really into GA comics.

Say what you will about Heritage and their business practices (and I certainly have on occasion both privately and publicly), but they are far and away the number one source for first-to-market high grade collections. Kudos to Comiclink for recently bringing exceptional ASM and X-Men runs to the marketplace along with setting a few records with high grade SA keys, but that doesn't come close to what Heritage has done in the past two years. Crippen, Toth, Williamsport, Toronto, Janowicz, Warren Hall, Furferri, Kylberg, etc. No other dealer or auction house has even come close.

I'd have to agree with this. And their use of technology is unrivaled. On their signature auctions, their site allows me to hear and/or see the live auction and bid directly in real time. A short click away are GPA pricing and census info for the books I'm considering. And of course there's the massive database of prior sales with useful descriptions and large scans (usually front and back) of each book. And a what a great keepsake the glossy catalogue is that they produce for each auction.

Sorry to me while I def do appreciate the art, I never really knew who he was because I am not really into GA comics.

I have to plead ignorance as well. :sorry: But now I know. :smile: