• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: x-men #14

17 posts in this topic

You guys are killing me. :frustrated: I can't tell if you're undergrading to appear to be tough graders or if you just don't know how to grade off a scan. Based on that front cover alone, since that's all the info we have, this is an EASY 8.5 maybe 9.0. The spots on the top are a printing defect present on most high grade copies of this book to some extent. Any of you 7.0 people, if you have any silver age stuff to sell that looks like this and you want to give it away at 7.0 guide please PM me. I expect I will get no PMs :(

I agree with Rahl here. You guys are being ridiculous (or you don't know how to grade in the first place).

Easy 8.5 on this one and I will eat the 12 if it comes back at 5.5 (barring back cover defects).

Ding in the top edge (above the right-hand extender of the X)

Bend to the top right corner overhang

A few minor color abrasions along the top edge

A few minor color-breaking chips on the bottom edge

Another spot on the bottom edge (on Prof. X's elbow) that looks like a very short hairline tear

A couple of color-breaking spine stress lines

Both bottom corners are blunted, especially the BRC

A black mark in the "M" of the title

And what looks like a non-colour-breaking bend in the TRC that appears to have resulted in another short hairline tear on the top edge in the green area.

All in all, a really nice book, but it ain't a 9.0. Get real.

I'm going with 8.0 maximum.

You guys are killing me. :frustrated: I can't tell if you're undergrading to appear to be tough graders or if you just don't know how to grade off a scan. Based on that front cover alone, since that's all the info we have, this is an EASY 8.5 maybe 9.0. The spots on the top are a printing defect present on most high grade copies of this book to some extent. Any of you 7.0 people, if you have any silver age stuff to sell that looks like this and you want to give it away at 7.0 guide please PM me. I expect I will get no PMs :(

You work for PGX, don't you?

jk :devil: